Thursday, May 02, 2013

Golden Week

Lost the while post using my Galaxy, dunno why that stupid post won't post... Stupid Blog-android.

Never mind, I'll be briefer.

Wed - Start of the Golden Week n also Labor Day. Glad for the reprieve cos of the much increased periods. Stayed at home, ate the delicious and generous amount of chicken strips from BBQ Chicken. Very good-for-money value. 2 sides and 7 bug strips for just $6.90. My sis's treat. I'll eat that next time after KM. Stayed at home reading the storybooks and resting my sore muscles from the two consecutive KM, Mon n Tue. Tue was about punching. There's odd no so I end up doing with the instructor for a while and then using that dummy. But cos my 'partner' don't need to take turns, so I did double. It was interesting, 4 strikes; jab, cross, hook and upper cut. I got excellent aerobic workout.

Thur - changed of plans of the buffet so my day is freed up. Decided to go for the 3rd KM this week. If the next 8 weeks, I kept it up twice a week, I'll hit 51 out of
60 for the package, averaging $20 per lesson. If there's any package offer, might take up another set. Can save quite a bit. For now, I still have 2 months with 25 sessions.

I actually headed out about 10am plus. Ate mee pok n coffee breakfast and headed to Jcube. The plan was to watch Iron-Man 3. I stopped by the bank first to deposit my sis's money into the household account to avoid being nagged by Dad. As I walked towards the ticketing booth, I didn't realize 2 students were walking towards me, otherwise I might have done my ninja-avoidance. I was looking at the sword n armor displayed at Caesar's though it was closed then. Then I realized there's some noise, looked over, 2 students were surprised to see me. They were in the same level as me last year but not my direct students, no wonder I didn't spot them so easily. Just smiled, waved and asked what were they doing there. One's brother was skating, n both of them were shopping around. I told them I was watching a movie. Waved, smiled and I headed to buy the ticket.

Then I got out of Jcube to the library n aborted the plan to walk inside to avoid meeting them. Jcube is really small. Went to the library, returned books and browsed. That took up quite a bit of time. With 5mins to spare, I went to the toilet then went to the cinema to see that the movie started on time. Missed a couple of minutes but watched the rest. It was funnier than the previous ones but I think the plot is weaker. Music is nice and there's something extra at the end o the credits.

While I was in the bank earlier, I was thinking about whether I should take the opportunity to open a Cash Gold Saving Acc cos after this Golden Week, there ain't gonna be any more hols until Aug. plus opening an account takes a much longer time than transacting at the counters. Though gold price had risen some by now, the last time I snuck out to transact at the bank counters didn't take too long cos I had my CPF one set up. After the movie, I decided to go open one and plonk in the $5k I owe my Dad for the upgrading but payable in 3 years time inside. So any investment gains would help me off-set against the capital $5k. I had to put in a bit more to get a round number in terms of grams and also an extra buffer of 5g in anticipation of the bank annual charges. It took an hour, of which 45mins was waiting...

After that I went to eat my lunch, very hungry by then, almost 3.30pm. So I went to this fried noodles stall and ordered Fried Kway Tiao (ages since I had one) and then I added a plate of Oyster omelette... Ate both with Coke Zero. There goes my calories, definitely busted cos that was just breakfast n lunch. Dinner I ate a lot at home plus a milk tea, gone liao.

Went to the loo before heading back and lo & behold, saw the 2 students. Waved and smiled. After that I siamed out n went to a nearby NTUC outside to buy a 1.5litre of Oolong tea to guzzle. All those oil...

Reached home about 5pm and had an hour before I had to leave at 6pm for KM. Today's quite ok though it's 360... My forearms ouchy. Today recap, then moved to with knife n also a disengaging variation. I didn't do those well, but my looking at the chin level using peripheral vision is better. Still have lots to work on... Tonight need to paste big pieces of medicated plaster on both arms.

Look forward to buffet tomorrow. I shall eat a super-lite breakfast n wait until tea-time to eat a 'linner'.

The trial lesson for drums would have to try on another week instead. I'll think about what to do. Some reading, tidying, conditioning n exercise after so much food food. Sleep is also good. Really dislike my Dad n his TV n DVD portable player...

I know Mon, I'll still be heading for KM as usual.

No comments: