Saturday, May 18, 2013

Very bad workweek, a bit sick / Weight loss

The work blues hit me rather hard this week.

Monday and Tuesday was jam-packed, that I didn't have time to go out to buy food. Got to dabao morning breakfast noodles and eat that instead. Kinda miserable. So intense... I also almost fell sick on Monday itself. But covered myself up with my jacket and by evening, I felt better. After KM, felt back to my normal self. The cycle repeated itself on Tuesday... this time, KM couldnt revive me. I reached home and knocked out by 9pm until the next morning.

Wednesday was a breather, much lighter and I didnt feel like preparing anything in advance... Kinda fed up and didnt want to do anything constructive. Went back home and rested more. Recovery day.

I was contemplating whether to go for another KM on Thursday but as I wore the guards from morning until evening (after KM), my knees started to itch so kena rashes. So I decided to give it a break and not go until the itchiness abates. Thursday was as siong as Friday but there's lunch inbetween so it helps make it more manageable.

Friday was another marathon, this time with no breaks inbetween unlike Thur. By the 4th class I was already seeing stars. To make it worse, due to time-table shift, I got to do another class right after lunch. Plus I had to check my form students' diary, write response and return on that day itself. Hectic. After dismissal, I just stoned and waited for time to go.

This week has been so hectic that I felt like getting a drink... I think I am really getting into the Korean Rice Beer (5%, 750ml @ $5.50) available from NTUC Finest. Its a nice drink, definitely enough volume. It doesnt cause me to get the cough the following day. I still have some bottles of Nest Beers that I would be consuming really slowly cos they give rise to phelgm.

For now, I havent taken anything alcoholic yet. Tempted but not yet.
__________

Yesterday I felt a bit under the weather. Had watery stools in the morning but didnt affect me during work (thank God) but after I munched the BFF, it kinda acted up again. I dont think the fries are to blamed, it could be just kinda pent-up from morning until evening then. So I wasnt up to staying out later. My dinner was the BFF fries that I ate. Didnt feel up to eating anything else. The irritating part is that I was feeling okay until it acted up. Then felt rather drained...

Also the new 'Clark Kent' glasses I got, I am not used to it, so kinda giving me tired eyes and a bit of headache. I went to the optician today to get it fixed up, was checked again but everything is like ok,  and was told could be my eyes are sensitive and need to give time to adjust to them. So it meant I have to wear that despite the potential of the discomfort and headache... I'll give it a chance cos I rather like it, except for the tired eyes and slight headache thingy. I am thinking that it might also be me being a bit unwell adding to it. So that headache part is a bit ambiguious what caused it. K will rest more today and tomorrow.
__________

On a positive note, this morning I stepped on the weighing scales after a couple of weeks' absence due to the buffets and munchies.

Lo and behold! I lost weight and I've reached a new low.

I was looking at my stomach, thought I would be heavier. That's great then. That means I've managed to somehow negate the damage from the 2 buffets, ramen, hotdogs n beers and stuff. Sometimes it's not that I eat unhealthy stuff, its that my appetite is big, such that I eat 2 bowls of rice at home. Or I'll eat like 4-5 meals at home. I guess the good thing is that home food is more healthy.

Recently I've tried char quay tiao, hokkien mee, KFC, burgers after a long absence. I guess after the health check-up, I kinda want to eat it cos it has really been a while for some of the food. But I have another insurance health check-up so at the back of my mind, I cannot over-indulge.

Yet on the other hand, I resorted to half-counting calories, half self control and food choice. Didnt exercise extra during this period of time, except for KM. Too tired from work to do so. Sometimes is to let the body recover from the aches of KM, sore knees, sometimes is tired, sometimes is dont feel up to it. So lucky I still have KM to force me to exercise.

No comments: