Wednesday, December 31, 2003

To all friends and others, hope ya all have a Happy New Year. Today is the last day of the year 2003. As we are moving into 2004, I would like to reflect on my year past and coming year ahead.

Year 2003 to me is remembered as one of struggles, small triumphs and a lot of hard work. Now as I try to recall what are the exact things that I did- I cant really recall exactly.... (partly due to being sick, down with flu).. Well all that I know is that in the first half of the year, I worked real hard to push up my CAP to try to qualify for the honours, which I didnt.

Then I've graduated. Fresh and wide-eyed and facing the job market, I venture forth to look for employment. That search was not forthcoming cos of my empty job experience. Hence another stage in my life begun, with me taking up one temp assignment, teaching tuition. On top of this, learning jap and piano (thanks to Quetzal, appreciate ur efforts alot) cos I wanna pursue some of my dreams concurrently, many which I have deferred due to lack of time, resources or opportunity in the past. Remember how we always say 'well i will do that when i grow up, and have more $$$, or now dun have the time, will do so later when i graduate...' It is impt not to forget these dreams when one is too caught up by daily routine. There comes a time when U have to take action and not wait any longer, grasp the opportunity, cos they wont be there always. Create the opportunities and take them! There are a huge list of things I wanna learn or do, but currently I wil finish this 2 first before I do others. No use taking on too much if one cannot manage. But quite keen on bar-tending course... but the timing is not condusive... But I do take the oppt to try out new drinks, and note their taste whenever I can, not exceeding my twice per mth quota. Then again, this intense second half of the year was one of trials, esp from the time constraints of juggling temp work n tuition and weekend lessons. Many a times, I felt like giving up and stop struggling with fatigue, strong feelings of unhappiness and helplessness. But somehow I managed. A small victory, though a difficult one indeed. I guess, I have learnt much and hopefully my character will grow in strength and I will develop a strong drive to see me to my goals.

Now as I move forth to 2004, I have a challenging n daunting task ahead of me- another half year of struggle as Internal Bleeding, tuition and lessons. For the later half, I hope to see myself more settled to the idea of work as well as the idiosyncrasies and routine related to working, as well as finding a perm job n earning real $$$. Then I dun have to work this hard for peanuts or peanut shells. New year comes in another few hrs, my resolutions are :
1) To be more appreciative of family, friends and people around me.
2) Exercise at least 3 times a week for more stamina to face work.
3) Learn to live in the present and appreciate every day for its lessons and value.
lastly, 4) To face up to challenges and adversity with a brave heart and persevere to the end. To finish all that I started.

All the Best and Happy New Year! *cough, sneeze* Take care and keep in contact.

No comments: