Monday, January 24, 2005

Flu on Bdae... (kazu o hikimasu)

Great, just to top things up i am down with flu today. On my actual birthday. I think i caught the chills on Sat nite, then Sun evening, I was having bad sore throat and cough. Today i woke up feeling down, lightheadedness, sore throat of the first degree. Hence decided to take mc. This is not good as this is the second mc in a month. Hope i dun fall ill anymore. The last time i had stomach flu and now flu.

So I was sitting in the living room, waiting for 7am to come so that I can call in to the office. Then my Dad woke up. He thought I didnt have to work. I told him I dun feel good, hence going to take mc. He gave me this look and started lecturing me on taking good care of myself and how in my current job, i have the obligation to be more responsible. Have to turn up even when sick. Whilst all this was being lectured to me, I recounted that last week there were a few days where I suffered from stomach flu but yet turned up for work without taking mc. Duh. I just kept quiet and waited for him to switch to the 'window theory'. What is that? Well its his theory that if we dun close the windows when we sleep, due to the morning coldness, it is easy to fall ill. To him, everytime someone falls ill, its cos they didnt close the windows. When he finally finished, i was rather irritated and went into the kitchen to make the call.

Later slept like a log and went to the doctor. I got my medicine and ate it. Read some comics and slept the afternoon away. Its kinda sad that today is my bdae and yet i dun feel good to do anything. I just slept and woke up, slept and woke up, like in a daze and sadly the day is almost over. U know after resting, by right u wake up feeling better. For me, by left, I woke up with a heavy head. I took my temperature, 38.5! That is even higher than before I went to bed at 37.5!!! I dun want to take another mc, cos otherwise afraid that pple tongue might wag. Tom by hook or by crook will go to work. Not to mention got things to settle. Maybe tom for the cca thingy, I excuse myself. See how lah.

Anyway:
Happy Birthday to me.
I am on mc.
I had sore throat and bad cough.
My temp is damn high.

Happy Birthday to me.
I am twenty four.
I spend the day in bed.
Happy.... Birthday to me.

No comments: