Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sick and Getting Sicker.....Help!

For the past few days at work, I have the same routine. I would wake up in the middle of the nite due to very bad sore throat, drink something to soothe it then fall asleep. Once its time for work, I'll take my temp and it will read 38 degrees. I'll eat my medicine and go off to work.

So far my illness has not even cleared up slightly... My nose is blocked or running, my throat feels like someone is stabbing it, my cough makes me feel like any moment a piece of lung will come flying out and my head cant decide between dizziness or headache. And I am losing my voice. It sounds very hoarse now due to sore throat n blocked nose.

During work, sometimes I feel 'normal' and functional and the other is 'zombie' mode. My brains are sleepy and cant think amymore. I walked around in a daze, those collegues who see me ALL know that I am sick. Those who didnt would know after they hear my cough and nose-blowing sessions in the office. The irritating thing is that those who had flu and medical leave are recovering, all except me, who seems to be getting worse and worse. For the past week, I'll dash home and rest the entire day but to no avail. Cant even clear my weekly gym quota. My sister kena the flu bug from me and had temp almost hitting 40! Lucky didnt fry her brains.

Today even just teaching 2 periods of lesson was very taxing. Lucky only one period of relief. If another full day, I'd definitely be on ml. Again I warned the classes i went to that I am still recovering and if they give me rubbish, they will get it from me. Had to teach a few some lessons. But lack of voice hardly scary except my fierce looks i reckon.

Wonder how am I going to handle the LONG day tomorrow. Cos there is cca so have to stay until 5.30pm!!!! First if still have temp tonite, see doctor and maybe take mc.... sign

No comments: