Friday, January 14, 2005

Weekend Galore

Phew... been a hectic week and finally a breather. The glorious weekend is upon us. Definitely the load is getting heavier, with more duties, relief classes and actually teaching, marking, Committee meetings, projects blah blah.... to top it off Jap test is coming. Taihendesune! (sad life)

Teaching and Responsibilities
-Currently given a couple of periods daily to teach. Its good exposure but taxing. I worry abt whether I can deliver. And doing this for all three subjects. Of course marking comes when written work is given. Oh well, will try my best. Though on some days, I feel like jumping into my bed and sleeping for the whole day. Tired, I guess. Hope to build up some endurance asap.

Exercise
-After contact time, had an instructor coming in to teach taiji aerobics. Its a combination of both taiji and aerobics. Woah! Its very effective, only that I have VERY sore muscles. That day, I actually wanted to go the gym. So after the workout, I was sorely tempted to skip gym. But while walking towards the mrt, past the gym, I just waltzed right in. My thinking was that since I was already sweating, had warmed up, might as well just drag my butt in. No wonder NOW I have having muscle ache of the 1st degree!

What time is it?

It's plaster time!! (sing to tune of Tiger Time)

Compere
-I JUST discovered that I am suppose to be the compere for CNY. Okay the story goes like this: Lalalala and this collegue came up to me today.Then she told me that she will be my partner for CNY celebrations. We will be the comperes. I was like "huh.....huh?" She told me that she was told that I agreed to be one, hence she agreed to be my partner. Again I was like "huh...HUH!?!?!?" I didnt know abt that. I remembered one of the Chinese teacher asked me to help them with CNY. She just say to help around. I agreed, thinking that it was to put up the CNY decorations. I didnt know it was to be a compere.... and to top it off, to be the Chinese-speaking compere. Okay how did I land in this? Well last year, I took a lot of Chinese relief classes, quite a number. So when I went into the class, I spoke Mandarin, got the students to do the Chinese homework, answer queries. Hence got to know the Chinese teachers quite well. I converse in Mandarin with them but a bit rusty. Hence they 'arrow', since they are short of Mandarin-speaking staff. Fine then. Seriously when i was a student, I never did any of the things that I am doing now. Lets see, I participated in Children Day, played SnowWar, think up and helped oversee an item for graduation, and now a compere. Next week have to go and shop for costumes for cca. Wow.This feels like a second childhood.

No comments: