Monday, January 03, 2005

A sombre start to the new year where we are constantly bombarded with information about the tsunami. Though my heart goes out to them, the over-influx of information relating to tsunami via News report, newspapers and various documentries have somewhat numb me. My year would have seemed to be trival compared to what some have experienced but I am glad that I had overcome certain obstacles in my life and hopefully become more tapered...

NEW YEAR 2005 and End of Holidays

The new year is upon us all. 2005 the year where I will SOON be older officially. Getting older and older. Furoi desu ne. Time does fly especially when u dun keep track of it. Its been 1.5 yrs after graduation already. Not to mention that my holidays have FINALLY run out. For some envious ones, I was uncontactable cos I was frantically trying to enjoy my last few days. The downside to that is my obvious lack of sleep from keeping damn late nites.

My hopes for this year:

1) Settle into my job and learn the ropes.
Hope to be a good and inspiring Educator.

2) Spend more time with family, cos I somehow neglected them in 2004.
Constantly not at home even on weekends and tried to compensate monetary-wise. No more going out on Sundays. Sunday is family day.

3) Lose that flab by end of 2005. Target is Gym twice weekly, Conditioning once, Weight loss 5kg, Flatter stomach and better defined triceps.
Next date of review: March 31st.

4) Have time for myself to pursue interests and courses.
Had to kick myself very hard to revise my Jap. Stopped for things like piano, note reading, guitar. Promise to have more tangible skills by end of the year.

The past year 2004 has been a trying and difficult year for me partly due to ShittyBank, and having to juggle tuition with jap and piano lessons at one point. I remember the days and weeks passing really quickly. Months flew by though getting through each and every day was trying and difficult. But in the later parts, things got off on a good fresh start. A new job, new environment and new people. Interesting experience where I learn new things everyday. Not all experience pleasant but still platable.

For 2005, I hope things will still be rosy though I will be in for a roller coaster ride in the mid-year. The most important theme of the year would be to 'constantly improve myself' I dun want to risk getting too comfortable with things esp since there is a misconception that I am in a cushy job. I beg to differ. Hence I want to try out more stuff and finish up some that I have started eg Weiqi etc. Hope at the end of this year, I will look back with more fond memories and trophies compared to last year.

-Hellbound Yenn-

No comments: