Tuesday, January 25, 2005

SICK @ WORK

Today went back to work still carrying traces of the flu bug. At first I was alright but after I entered into the office, my head started to trob. During assembly, I had a headache forming and was in a daze. Kept rubbing my temples and mumbling "dun kena relief duty leh..." In the mean time I managed to clear some stuff I owe to 2 other teachers when I took their classes. So I sat there in the Hall nursing my about-to-form headache. Then one collegue noticed and passed me her Tiger Balm. I thanked her and rubbed some onto my forehead, and miraculously I felt better. (maybe I just needed a dose of Tiger Balm)

After assembly, the lady from the office came, carrying the relief duty list. She came straight up to me. "Nah." I peered at the list. My name is down for a P5 class for all the periods except mother tongue, my ex-mentor's class cos he fell ill. It is the best class. Just great, I grumbled to myself. What to do to entertain them? Oh well. I started planning. Err.... last 2 periods dump them into comp lab. First period silent reading. Then still got 4 more periods to tackle. Hmm....

I was still thinking about it when I walked up to the class. There goes my 5 free periods. Luckily there was work for them to do. A collegue passed me some worksheets and homework. Hehehe so i estimated that those will take up 4 periods. Then add 2 periods comp lab, and one last period for something else, can fulfil quota. I sent them up to class and came up with my stuff later.

"Good morning Mr...Ms... Mdm..............!" Great, another class that has not seen me before. Another typical greeting I get. Sign it is not that they cant see my boobs though. Some always try to act funny. Hence the usual, write my name on the whiteboard. At this point, I was not feeling too good cos when I touched my forehead earlier, it was burning. Huh, still feverish. Sign.

I told the class briefly that my mentor was sick and they would be seeing my face for the entire day. AND i added that I just recovered from flu and AM hence VERY IRRITABLE.... that they better behave and NOT try my temper. I also told them that if they do finish the work, after recess I would bring them to the comp lab. They were quite happy it seems.

Hence 4 periods passed peacefully with them doing their work and handing up. Me just walked around and answer any queries from those who raised their hands. In between though, I had to rush up and down to book comp lab, print extra copies of worksheet for some. Luckily by then I seem to have recovered slightly. But my throat still hurts so i tune up my mic to a louder volume.

After recess, brought up the class to the classroom. Then brought the entire class down to comp lab. I let those who didnt finish their work to bring their work down to do in the comp lab. Only when they have finished, are they allowed to surf the Internet. 2 periods passed. Whilst leading them up after the comp lab, I met another P5 class that I took last Thurs and Fri. When they all saw me, I got mass greeting. "Morning, Miss XXX." I nodded my head. Hmm I wondered what did I do to gain their likes? I did scold that class on Fri, last 2 periods.... Maybe its becos of the early recess I gave them. Oh well... The last period I let them have a mass toilet break and allowed them to decorate the classroom for CNY. Finally when the bell rang, it was my break.

Had my lunch and took my medicine. Somehow got rather drowsy. Once the bell rang for school dismissal, I chiong out. Cos I dun wanna hang around waiting for duties to come my way. Had already cleared all my responsibilities for that day. When I reached home, just concus on bed. Now I am having fever. Hope tom would be better.

No comments: