Friday, November 04, 2005

After the harrowing ride with Tab on Monday, the rest of the days were relatively 'safer'. Spent alot of time mapling with brother and sister online in cybercafes. My bro is out for the week so we mapled all day. Ops havent studied for the exam next week yet. And after several intense days of mapling, our 'sleep debt' had rolled over so much that we slept like logs.

Sleep Debt - defined as the accumulated lack of sleep that mounts and multiply much like a credit card debt. The sufferer could choose to pay minimum instalments of sleep but there would come a time when the accumulated debt is so high that the afflicted would sleep like a log / sleeping beauty syndrome. The interest for the sleep debt is charged at 3hr for every 1hr of sleep deprivation. Hence potential borrowers are adviced to consult with their sleep advisors about the realistic level of debt.

Hmm then that continued after I returned to Hall on thursday. I still had a 70% completed assignment to do but being afflicted with 'Holiday Mood Syndrome', everything is chucked aside in favor of Maple. Hence I was happily mapling until the server crashed at 1am in the morning. That must be a sign for me to kick my ass and start doing that assignment, which I did. By the time I was done, it was nearly two in the morning. I set the alarm for 7.15am to finish up some minor points. Hopped into bed and wanted to sleep so badly...

Next thing I heard through my grogginess was girls giggling. Not softly but loud enough to sound like hyenas, howling away at 2am in the morning, for more than half an hour. By the time I sat up in bed, I had already decided that the next time I hear that gp of girls howling, I would go to the window and shout for them to shut up. It happened.

I went to the window, cupped my hands to my mouth and in a loud voice "KEEP IT DOWN LAH!!!!!!!"

I could hear the echoes even cos sound travels very well at night due to the cold air. The effect was immediate. No more howling but one of the girls said very loudly chao se mer... But while I lay smiling in bed, amused and satisfied, there was still howling but almost inaudible. Hehehehe...

No comments: