Wednesday, November 16, 2005

ExAmS R OvEr!!! LeT tHe HoLiDaYs BeGiN

After a long-suffering stay in NEI with more project assignments, more papers and the same pay, yesterday was the last day of exams (though the rest of the population are already having holidays.)

With a light heart, I went out for lunch and bought Maple cash card. For those who are not familiar with MapleStory, its a massive online role playing game. Where u train as either of the 4 classes, Warrior, Mage, Archer or Thief. I started playing after I got Siren and was immensely stressed by the lack of life and it became almost a daily affair since. Currently all my siblings are playing so when we meet online, we chat and enquire about family etc and train together. So instead of having online buddies, we have online family.

Anyway earlier on, I had bought a new hair, ie a ponytail for my character and since my character is male. (didnt choose female cos sometimes u get harassed online) But ever since that, my character has been mistaken as a gal for so many times i lost count. But i still like that hair so not changing. Then me and my siblings went to this land called Orbis where the enemies are harder and I used up a lot of meso (maple money) on weapon that I am rather poor in maple terms. Hence I had an idea. I had wanted to either buy a swimming trunk so that players wont mistake me as a gal and try to sell me female armor. But since I am poor, I might as well get something else.

So I bought a cardboard box and let my character wear. It covers the armor I am wearing so pple cant see what is the real armor, the aim to stop pple trying to sell me things. Also to hint that I am poor.

Tada! See for yourselves.



There you have it, a poor bandit with a long ponytail. Looks rather cute like a robot. Haha many players had a good laugh when they see me. Anyway the story continued, shortly after I bought the box ($6) in case u are wondering. Another player came to me and offered to sell me armor, female armor again. Sian. Tab had a huge laugh, saying that my logic is flawed....

Later in the evening, Quetzal came over and drove us to JP for dinner. Dinner at Billy Bombers. Tried the Yin & Yang burger, the supreme was nothing much to crow about, just a tall burger. Carls Junior burgers are much bigger. Anyway there are 2 patties, chicken and beef. I didnt like the beef though the chicken was nice. Then top with cheese fries and Green Grasshopper. Must admit, ordered a bit much, but finished up most of the stuff except some fries and potatoes. A good dinner for a celebration that might just have been nothing more than just mapling. Quetzal also laughed when I told her I bought a cardboard box. :)

No comments: