Thursday, November 24, 2005

Sign.... another 'Maple cold turkey' day....

Right if u are thinking that the maple server is down, hence rendering Hellbound hurtling back to reality. U've guessed correctly. Another series of glitches that rendered certain parts of the game unplayable has resulted in the server being down for many hours of maintainence. Whilst so, players like me who just logged on this afternoon is welcomed by another maintainence notice. It is supposed to be up by 6pm but a check just now showed the patch being unavailable, hence its going to be a lonely night with no mapling.

When I logged in this afternoon, close to two. I saw my youngest sister online. She asked me why I logged in, to zhuo bo (nothing to do). At first I couldnt understand, later I realized that there would be maintainence at two. Hence I had about 10 minutes left. Sign, passed her some stuff for her warrior, then I signed out. There was about 4 hours to kill before the server is up again. Hence I went to Jurong Point to return due library books, eat my meals and even to walk around. The weather was beautiful given the past few rainy and extremely cold days.

Borrowed another 5 books to finish, ate at KFC the fish combo meal and went to the arcade to walk around. There are many young kids and students who are playing intently with a mastery that even I couldnt achieve. There was a kid who played that DJ game with button and he got over 300 combos. I observed his hands and they were a blur when the notes came flying down. I had at first wanted to have a round of games too but it was too crowded for my liking. But it felt good to observe some good games. Then I strolled to buy my dinner and went into a vcd retail shop. There are some cheap vcds, charlie and the chocolate factory for $9.90 and Batman Begins DVD for $12.90!!!! Though I was severely tempted by the latter, I seriously doubt whether I would watch it since I might be mapling when I returned. But I would KIV and buy. Now I am stuck for another night without maple, I should have bought that dvd!!!! *Sob sob snivel snivel*

Oh while in JP, I observed a series of Christmas goodie stalls, one of which is a chocolate fountain! Yes, a chocolate fountain that has liquid chocolate flowing out. The sign reads "Get ur chocolate covered mushmallow at only $1.80. A dessert too good to be missed" or something to that effect. Think Tab would enjoy slurping up the entire fountain instead. There were shoppers who bought the dessert. The youth attendant took a satay stick with 1 long mushmallow about 2 inches long and dipped it into the chocolate fountain, coating it with the liquid chocolate, then props the chocolate-covered mushmallow into a cup for the customer. Hmm looking at the final product, I wouldnt want to part with my $1.80. Not only because I dont really have a sweet tooth but the mushmallow is just the type u can buy a whole packet of it from a supermarket for about 2 bucks. And that one being covered with chocolate doesnt seem like a big deal that should part $1.80 from me. Oh well I dun imagine the taste would change dramatically. Mabye for those who want to try and say been there, done that, please do go ahead. Dun mind what I've said.

For the meantime, I would attempt to watch the newly bought Robotech series (3 generations in one) that I bought about 3 weeks ago but have not yet watched. My gundam seed is still waiting for me to proceed beyond episode 1. Hmm so many things to do and yet so little time. But I do love waking up late.

No comments: