Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lament of the BM

As a continuation of the previous post, today was into Day 1 of the 'just-mugging' of the 500 mcq questions. I skipped those with pictures n diagrams and was left with a hefty 330 in pure sentences. SHIT!

The day before I was so pissed and frustrated cos I looked thru n it was really like looking at Greek. Tat I mapled and watched Dvd late into the night before I feel normal again. F*(&#$ tat test in bm, u think all malaysians know bm meh. So last night I was running thru my mind the options left to me. There are only a few- 1) translate every single word in those 330qns then mug for the test, but dunno will take me how long, using a Malay-Eng dicitionary (2) Pay money for someone to press the test for me and pass (3) fucking just give up the test and forfeit it and wait for an English version to come out in god-knows how many years later, then take the damn thing. Personally I prefer no 3.

Anyway given the pressure from mom and her friend cos this trip for me was to so-call learn driving, this afternoon, I started on plan 1. I kapoed 2 malay-eng dictionary to try to translate some qns.

Guess what?

In one bloody qn alone, half the words cant be found and its taking a god-damn long time to look thru manually the dictionaries for words.

You know wat's the best part?

After translating half the question, I found out it was an easy qn, so fucking easy no-brainer! I go thru so much crap just to translate such a no-brainer, after 2 qns, it left me fuming. Gave up. NOT efficient.

After a bathe to cool down, I went to the internet to look for a Malay-English translator online. Managed to find one and started again, keying in every word tat I do not know (which is actually 97%). Again many words turned up blank, but at least it was faster. Finished a total of 15qns before 6pm, when I decided to just maple instead.

Great..... just another 315 qns more to go. Yar I have a year to finish the theory n practical. Guess if I really go abt this crazy plan, I would take about that long.

Wondering why am I suffering so much grief when it is supposedly my bloody precious holiday! A time to enjoy myself n recharge b4 the next hectic year in morning session.

So again after those 15 qns, feel kinda pissed off, though not as much as yesterday that I mapled and then am watching dvd right now. That explains this late post.

For now, see how things go... Without any useful and efficient help, I am going nowhere except continue on translating with that website and maybe ask my youngest sister for some words cos she took malay I & II at university. I tried and couldnt get the Malay course. Cant blame me for not trying then. Every year cross-fac cant get it. My sis got it cos by then it changed to balloting system. Screw that older system too. Could have suffered less grief if I had some knowledge. For now my only bm options are translating n slowly picking up some words as I proceed along at a snail's pace. Great.......... just great.........

No comments: