Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another 'Taliban' experience

Its like this, I had another 'Taliban' experience tonight. Its a long story. Well only read if you have the time. Dun comment and say that I have a lack of life though.

The first 'Taliban' experience happened in Dec, when it was still 2007.


A couple of weeks ago, on a particularly late night of 1.30+am in the morning. I was left alone in the hall, just about to switch off my laptop and go to sleep when.... in flew a big cockroach from the window.

I did a 10m dash away from it to grab the insecticide but somehow am fearful to approach it. BUT there was nobody awake still. Both my parents were in dreamland. My sisters were safely asleep. BUT I didnt want it to procreate in our house, resulting in more of such dramas. And I was kinda pissed off by the late hour. Fatique clouded a bit of my fear. Eventually, I sprayed it and ran for cover.

10mins plus later, peeping from my dad's room, I couldnt see it. My sister woke up and saw me. I whispered that there is a cockroach and she woke up immediately. So both of us continued our 'vigil' in the supposedly safe area - kitchen. She told me she heard the plastic bag in her room rustling. Thinking of the 'safety' of the other sister still sleeping inside. We decided to risk it. We went to switch on the lights in the room. She woke up and looked at us funny when we told her, there's a cockroach. THEN she really woke up when she realized that we were not hiding in the room but standing fearfully outside the room. She dashed out. So the camp continued in the kitchen while we try to establish where the enemy was hiding.

My sister wrapped her head but it turned out very tudung-style cos she's afraid of the cockroach flying into her mouth. I did a similar thing but Taliban style, leaving my eyes exposed. Actually I would much prefer to cover myself from head to toe in a spacesuit cos I hate the touch of it on my naked skin. Kena once before *shudders*

The story continues. Eventually the enemy resurfaced. Its in the room on my sister's bed. We used a net to trap it and almost managed to throw it outside the door when it struggled free and hid under the sofa. I sprayed it again twice. It still didnt die immediately though it flipped on its back. In fact the whole cockroach drama was into 2hrs already. By the time we slept, it was about 3.30am plus. The next day, all of us woke up tired. And I have now 'proudly' slayed my very first cockroach without relying on my parents. *signz*

Today another episdoe occured... whats up with these cockroaches... The house has been peaceful for years then such things happened. Sat evening, dunno how but one got into the kitchen. I saw it, my mom tried to catch it but it flew and was too quick. (Of course, the rest of us cowered in our rooms with the doors closed) She couldnt catch it out to save it. Cos my parents left for msia on sunday. It didnt do anything on monday. We safely ate and bathed before 10pm and slept.

Today I came back from work, washed the dishes, then went out to buy groceries plus packed dinner and reheat some food. By the time I was done, lugging the heavy stuff and putting them all away, I was dead-beat. Not to mentioned today 7 periods plus cough like mad and lots of mucus. K, so I was kinda tired and it was about 7pm. I decided to have a hot bath b4 dinner. Kinda sweaty from the humid and wet day outside. I had finished washing my hair and had just about finished showering...

THEN it flew in.

Luckily I wasnt doing anything near the toilet bowl cos it headed straight for the wall and settled there. Jolted from my fatique, I stared at it, afraid that it would fly towards my naked self. Then I recovered and quickly wrap myself in towel, got out and headed to the room to change.

I returned shortly dressed and with my Taliban and pissed. I took out the newly-bought insecticide and sprayed it. Then I siam and waited in the room. Until my sisters came back one by one. One came back 30mins after spraying. We both ate dinner in the room. Later she went to sleep. The other came back about 3hours after the spraying. BUT until now, its whereabouts are still unknown. For now, nobody is interested to know where it is currently at, except that it dun announce its unwelcomed self around. Hope to see a dead cockroach tom.

Tell you, after a while, I am going to overcome this fear of cockroach. My reluctance to spray them is getting lesser and lesser. Each one seems to increasingly piss me off more such that I can overcome that fear and walk close enuff to spray it. One denied me my sleep. The other came and disturbed my relaxing bath...

Yar yar I am not getting out more such that killing a cockroach is a BIG deal. But any intruders to my peace and tranquility at home will not go unpunished. Cockcroach beware. The Taliban is here.

No comments: