Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A time of hair-pulling, hard sighing and table-flipping

Whose doing all those?

Me more exactly.

Hair-pulling cos there are so many many adminstrative things. Eg issue consent form for remedial, collect all the different exercise books, workbooks, adjust ur own timetable, print out copy for student, book library and comp lab slots, lab slots, start teaching, start marking, start cca, start all those committees, put up classroom displays etc etc etc

Get the picture?
It wont be a hassle if one does not have to do everything in such a short time, using whatever time b4 class, during breaks, after class to do them.

Everyday, am sighing with regret, why did my holidays end so quickly. I missed it very very much already.

Sighing with relief when all the lessons are over and maybe some of the other work is done and can go home.

Sighing that I cant seem to find the energy to maple for the past 1.5 weeks. At least today I did some exercise at home with some weights. Part of my free time used up to travel to Funan to collect the laptop. I left from work around 4pm, went there and reached home near 6.30pm.

Table-flipping cos again there is one poor attitude student. No corporal punishment and I cannot touch. But I can touch the table. Just pull it away and flip it. I do not do it to every prob kid but this one is asking for it. Already asked to look up a few times,lie on the table and look down at lap, ignore me, get it. Full stop. I dun believe in this type of reason, 'oh that one, chi ran bu chi ying'. Better learn to digest both types. I did pull the table back and explain later that the behaviour is what I am angry at, not the person. I will follow up tom and see if there is improvement tom. May try soft-approach. Will continue to monitor. A 'well-known' case it seems. So after that and some shouting, I was kinda tired. By the time I was done, feel so "beng san".

After this, going to try to login maple. Maybe hunt 1/2hr to show face, otherwise I may get kicked out of my guild. Later going to zzz with a can of shandy. From Dec onwards, have been waking up at least 3 times daily due to cold, noise, light, toilet-going, parched throat and times my mind wanders back to work. Just need a bit of alcohol to dull the neural connection.

No comments: