Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'll sleep when I die

On Thursday, me and Tab agreed to go for early jap class so that she can go for her dance on Sat. We met up and ate at BK, after I had bought my 'hope' for the Ang Bao draw. After that we went to try out my wildly-acclaimed Green Tea Latte from Starbucks. Its a nice and milky and tea-ey drink (for those who drink milk) But that Starbucks ran out of green tea powder (just show how popular it is) we ended up with Black Tea Latte, which is okay too, tastes like english tea. We began marking a bit of our work that we had dabaoed. The reason why both of us didnt go home straight was that once we reached home, surely near 9pm, the Holiday-Book-Syndrome would strike. Or more aptly I-Have-Worked-Long-Enough-For-One-Day Syndrome, at least for my case. Whilst marking, we started cursing. OMG, this also dunno how to do. WTF, this one didnt finish and dare to hand in. GTH, this one who obviously didnt listen and just anyhow do... Need we say more. After one stack, enough was enough and we went back near 10pm.

I reached home and saw my sister still up. It was maybe near 11pm. I forgot our conversation. But something like I told her I was tired but yet didnt want to sleep yet cos dun want the day to be over, to which she replied, "I'll sleep when I die." Hmm an interesting quote. Apparently she got it from a show she watched. Yar there are days where I was so tired that I almost died (more of lying dead on the bed) :)
Oh yar later on I checked the Toto results. NOPE, no luck. 10 lucky buggers will wake up to being an instant millionaire. I will have to WAKE UP to the reality of life and work again. There goes the fantasy of throwing in the remaining bond amount money plus 3k change at the boss or the hiring of FH to do his peeing on the boss' table impersonation. Oh well.

Friday headed to town near 5pm to look desperately for food. Havent eaten a morsel for breakfast, lunch and fast approaching dinner. Managed to live thru the gastric pangs to get food eventually. Then me and Tab walked around for some retail therapy and later tried successfully for a Green Tea Latte at another Starbucks. A nice drink and we stoned at the Starbucks near Hereen. Thankfully the GTL is added to the main menu. Think I will be a fan for a while. We parted near 10pm. I reached home feeling the cumulated effect of fatique and fell asleep reading my new Starcraft novel on the bed, still wearing my glasses, lights on and windows opened. Hardly do that unless too tired to hear the noise and see the light.

No comments: