Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another weekend-going-to-be-over blues

Yar I noticed, if I post on sunday, its always about post-weekend blues.

Well cant help it that I am a bum at heart. I dun feel like working all out. I just wanna lay back on bed, snuggle under the warm comforter given the cold weather.

Weekend has been kinda good? Friday I was knocked out after a damn trying day. I reached clementi around 7pm+, cold, tired, hungry, drained. I walked into a cheap sushi place and ordered Udon with Tempura set. Umai! The hot soup warmed my cold body and the tempura tasted heavenly. Then I reached home, ate some more of the sushi rolls my dad bought. Then I was lying on the bed, reading the Jap notes for tom's test. That was what I last remembered...

The next day, I woke up around 8am, lost... Then it dawned on me, I slept at least 12hrs. A sleep so deep, most noises didnt reach me. Just that tired. Then I continued to study for Jap, unit 4. Half dozing off, half studying or more like, I finished one section, then slept. Wake up later to continue. Managed to go to the bank also near 11am. Then continued studying. Later slept 2-3pm. Woke up to get ready for Jap test.

Tab was already in the Burgerking studying. Most test she does better than me. My reasoning is that well I cant really retain stuff. Its like what I always tell her. Imagine my head is a container with many holes. Then I pour liquid ie the things I managed to study for jap, along the week. The moment the liquid enters, some of it starts spilling out. So by the time for the actual jap test, lets just say the container is not so full anymore and its not empty. Anyway I am not comparing to see whose better, think I am way past that age and also I encounter it everyday at work. Enuff of comparing. My aim is just to pass, do decently, so I dun have to retake.

Later we went for sushi dinner at IchibanBoshi@ Esplanade. They went off for concert. I headed to buy a ticket for Swedney Todd, but had to kill of 1.5hr. I tried walking around Marina. But you know me, I am just not much of a shopper. Pass by many shops, went in a few eg ActionCity, yet that only took 20mins.

I decided I yearned for a hot Green Tea Latte from Starbucks. Its a nice drink. Had it several months ago and its still available. So I headed to the Marina Starbucks but it was full of people. Then I remembered that Suntec had a much bigger one. I walked over, ordered the Largest cup of hot Green Tea Latte and sat down playing Aoi, listening to radio on Midori. Lets just say its a nicer way of chilling. Quite relaxing. The green tea helped to calm my unwell stomach (somehow had it the whole day)

But note to self next time, if I ever had to drink something b4 a movie, not to order the largest size and gulp it. Cos though I went to the ladies b4 the movie, halfway through, I had to go again. Didnt miss much but definitely something I dun usually do while watching movie. The movie is not bad, a bit gruesome but the ending a bit abrupt. By the time the movie ended, its time for the long ride home, via Nightrider and a cab near clementi. Still overall slightly cheaper than a weekday late movie plus a long cab ride home.

The funny thing is that when I reached home, I had enuff energy to watch this DVD series that my Dad bought - Ancient Worlds, which talks about the discovery how great ancient civilisations like Egypt, Mayan ended abruptly at the height of power. I finished watching from 12am+ til 3am+ then fell comfortably asleep with the warm comforter. Bloody cold weather, at least at my area, the winds very cold.

Today didnt do much but sleep, wake, watch more DVD, sleep. Then late afternoon, went to help buy and more importantly carry CNY shopping goods. Cos my sister n dad cant really carry heavy stuff, so I lug most of it whenever I can. Well that is my weight training also. I ended up buying my own supply of CNY stuff also. Esp that Camel brand, Wasabi peanuts. Its very nice. First tasted it at tab's place during that christmas gathering. Then later on I bought one more that was very well-received by my sisters too. The combination is just nice and the wasabi is just nice. Sometimes if not careful, you end up burning your tongue. Shiok.

This current song in my head
Stop and Stare by One Republic
Like the chorus part with the 'stop and stare' very nice. But the mtv kinda sucked. Just listen, no need to watch, no shuai ge, and also no plot.



The unhappy prospect tom is to wake up a bit earlier, to mark a dabaoed stack, still untouched. Get it out of the way b4 I go to work then I can clear more stuff while at work. Still struggling to adjust to the timetable and manning 2 main classes. At least its a short week. Looking forward to the public holiday soon.

Think I maybe left home alone this CNY. Looks like my parents are going back, one of my sis too. The other dunno yet. Most likely I'll end up watching LOTR (tab's one) cos my Dvds are loaned out to friends and collegues who havent returned to me. Yar I remembered last year, I watched LOTR also. Unless want to go watch those 2 movies opening near CNY, Ah Long movie and Slam Dunk movie, both in chinese. Dun mind some days of nuahing around. Food should not be a problem. Cos last year stayed back b4, there is still food available. If not, there is always cup noodles or I'll buy a few more food items by tuesday and whip up a simple meal for myself.

No comments: