Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stocking up for my mornings and my nights

Another down to earth post *warning*

Reached home near 7.15pm after missing the bus twice in a row. First I just got down from one, need to transfer, but I had to watch irritably as one just zoomed away just as I alighted. K fine, so this is a sign I should go look for dinner. It started drizzling. More signs for me to really go look for a warm dinner.

Walked to where Botak Jones is at, bad idea, full of people. I didnt want to eat Botak Jones (felt the standard had dropped) but as the weather was kinda cold, I wanted to eat soupy stuff. Since no seats, dabaoed and walked back to the bus stop. Just before I could cross the road to the bus stop, deja vu. My bus zoomed away again!

Basket! Had to sit there to wait for another one lor. Only got one bus from that bus stop. Reached home, ate and bathed. Then I went out again. This time to stock up for my nights.

Well its like this. I would go to Seng Shiong to buy about 5x1-litre pack of milo for my breakfast. Every morning, wake up, take out from fridge, drink 1-2 cups of it cos no appetite. Well its healthy cos full of vitamins and minerals. Only not very satisfying after a few hours cos the stomach hungry by then.

At nights, sometimes there are periods of work-related stress, or even just silly work issues that pops up just when I lie down on the bed to sleep. Hence cant fall asleep at all until very late... ie 2am++ cos the mind thinks and thinks, cant clear it when something pops in... Hence some nights, I down a Jolly Shandy to use that little bit of alcohol 0.5%, to dull the mind, so it will just stop thinking long enuff to fall asleep. So far it works like a charm. Unlike the unpleasant incident with drinking some Gin, cos I ran out of Shandy, I couldnt sleep cos of gin. Yar I had to go to NTUC at clementi central cos Seng Shiong dun stock shandy for some god-forsaken bloody reason. So bought 2 dozen enough for 4 weeks plus digestive biscuits. Will try eating that for breakfast tom.

Look forward to better sleep for now. At least I can knock myself with a shandy (my sandman) around 11pm+.

No comments: