Saturday, March 01, 2008

福猫 aka FukuNeko craze!!!



Yup! Its started innocently on Friday, where I walked past this 7-11 and decided I needed some luck. I've noticed this 福猫 gachapon for a while but didnt try it. Its for 1 buck. I decided to buy 'some instant luck charm' and tried one. Got a white FukuNeko with the words 生意兴隆. Its a bell too. Will make ringing sound. The funny thing about it is that the cat wasnt smiling. Its frowning and its mouth is a /\. Huh? An unhappy one. Guess it didnt bring me luck. Didnt have a good friday. It was a long day, with unhappiness too. Met up with Candle and Tab for dinner later and I remarked that if I hang it on my bag, then later the ringing of the bell at night may draw something... *choy*

So this morning, I went next door to dabao lunch for my family and decided to try my luck again. Had $3 coins, intended to give one to my sister who will be having her bdae soon. As a small token gift first. Well a nicer FukuNeko to help her with the job hunt. Yep. I got a Black one 招福, a White with blue ears 千万两, and another frowny one. Gave the black to my sister and the white one to my other sister. So I am left with 2 frowny one. Put one on my bag to replace Candle's vietnam girl keychain that broke and only had the head dangling there. The body is still in my workplace cupboard. Then the other one still on my PSP.

Later we decided to go for Karaoke at Party world near 2pm, hence I pon tian Jap. Was feeling tired from the long ca week. Yar I even fell asleep for half an hour before they woke me to go. B4 taking the bus, we went to try our luck with the gachapon again. My sister tio a White with red ears 千万两, my youngest tio a frowny. Then we took a bus there. All 3 of us went there to realize that today is their last day of biz. The MacDonald building is going to be torn down to make way for the Mall that they are building. There goes the MacDonald, a place where I grew up, the PartyWorld, the pool parlor, the bubble tea, the money changer, the new doughnut stall, the pies. Thats alot of things gone. Suddenly Clementi is even more unhappening, at least until the Mall is completed somewhere in 2009/2010.

K my karaoke repatoir of songs is really small. Reason is I dun listen to Chinese, Canto songs. Even for English songs, I tend toward songs by bands eg simple plan. So in the song list, certain bands are missing, hence those songs I know, no way of singing. Luckily still got some main stream songs. Realized I sing with the lowest voice among my sisters. Cant really pull certain notes and mantain that femine voice for long... 2-3 occasional cheena songs, 3 Jap songs that had me trying to read the hiragana fast enough to sing it and crack my brains for reading the Kanji... dun think I've passed. My sisters had a endless repatoir of songs, Cheena, Canto, even Hokkien...

After dinner, we made our way back only for me to decide to go next door again. Cos the dinner kinda skimpy and I was still hungry. So we inevitably have to pass by that 7-11. I decided to try the Gachapon again. My youngest sis was skeptical. She had tio that frowny b4 cos my first sister tried first, then she tried.

So this time I tried twice first. The first one is a Red 福 one. The black and the red ones are more unique, they look more like the one in the pic above. The others look more like the normal FukuNeko we see around. The second one I tio is a White with yellow ears 千万两. My youngest sister tried and tio a White with red ears 千万两. I exchanged with her cos she wanted the Red one.

So now I have 4 FukuNekos. 2 frowny ones on my work bag, a white on my PSP, a white on my hp. My youngest sister has a Red and a White with Blue on her hp. My other sister hasnt put up hers yet. Now there are many Nekos ringing around. I had delicious satay, rented some comics and returned home.

With so many 福猫, hope the luck will improve!

No comments: