Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Great and Long Weekend I guess, motto motto

Thankfully there is the friday, nvr been so grateful for TGIF esp when its a holiday.

Yar took a bit of time to get my hair cut. Then that night went out in the evening to makan. Amusedly the place that I thought was Hog's Breathe was in fact NOT Hog's Breathe, its Essential Brew. No wonder no Pigs Trotters, Pigs Knuckles. We ended up eating at the authentic Hog's Breathe, western fare. Okay tasting. BIG portions but a bit pricey. Thankfully got 1-1 UOB.

Then hung around Cold Rock and FH told us the story about the Tick, which seriously resembled those crappy horror flick where the ticks jumped en mass on the unsuspecting victim when she innocently chanced upon them. Later topped off with a drink at Viva Bali. Blue Lagoon is an easy drink, though I dunno why cant find it in my cocktail recipe book. Suspect is vodka based, not sure. There is blue curaco inside definitely to give it a blue look.

Sat is the usual but I woke up kinda early. As the sun rose into the sky, I woke cos the room lit up. I felt I was sleeping under a spotlight so I woke despite sleeping around 2.30am (Yar I washed hair cos of sensitive scalp thingy and had to wait for it to dry) For the lack of things plus the flab on my stomache is at epic portion, I decided to go to the gym. Went there and did a workout with the assisted machines and some free weights for major muscles like arms, biceps, triceps, shoulders, legs -quads, hamstring a bit of butt, and abs -obliques and upper stomache.

The aim is simple. I need to build them up a bit to help me burn off the fat. No cardiovascular cos I am climbing and walking enough at work. Will try to start off with once a week first to build a routine and make myself comfortable with going there once a week. Also anticipate will need some time initially to deal with the expected muscle aches for extended periods.

Then went for jap class and had dinner with Tab and Quetzal at Suki Sushi. The food is still decent, must-order is the Salmon Kama ie fried salmon fin area. The other cooked sushi like lobster, unagi and that baby octopus one are good too. Plus a hot miso soup to warm the body and hot green tea. Then we walked around shopping cos bonus for us coming in sometime next week. (still dun think its enuff for the blood, sweat, tears, stress, lack-of-time, lack-of-life, health hazards I endured last year) We ended up at PitStop playing a new game 'Railway to Ride' which is a bit strategic based but still simple enough to play once we went through the rules and the first few hiccups. Also played Spy alley where my identity was busted before I even went past 'Go'. Had to be resurrected again. Then still busted. We are just getting too good (>_>) Played one more game using tiles like dominos and you had to guess your opponent's tiles. Reminds me of Sudoku.

Today is kinda imprompto again. Told my family, I'll be treating them to lunch cos I got my bonus. We couldnt really decide where, after I threw out names like Fish & Co, Cartel, Ichibanboshi, some Chinese restaurant. Finally decided to go eat zi char that had this ultra power plus oiishi fish head curry. We went there, and kinda drove there, a few blocks away BUT the zi char stall was closed! Huh? Since when zii char dun do afternoon biz one? Oh well headed to PS cos they needed to get something. In the end, on my suggestion, we headed to Cartel. Quite a good meal. Luckily my family like the food they ordered. I had my usual, Giant burger. Then we walked around Spotlight to buy stuff. I was kinda walking stiffly from the numerous muscle aches in my arms, shoulders, legs. Later we ate dessert at the Kopitiam. Unusally for me, I ordered their Sundae. Usually I dun eat much ice-cream. Felt kinda guilty after eating it.

On the way home, my Dad took a wrong turn while heading to Nicole highway and we were on our way to Changi. My sister persuaded him to head to East Coast instead of just driving all the way to Changi and U-turn (cos my dad is not comfortable with getting off the expressway and getting lost driving around an unfamiliar neighbourhood) We reached there near 4.45pm. My sisters went cycling for an hour. I sat with my Mom on a bench just stoning and blowing the sea breeze plus watching people doing the usual of picnicing, swimming, playing with sand etc etc. Talked with parent then my sisters came back. We went to eat Satay, but my dad forgot which one was the good one that he just ordered from one tout that ambushed him while he was walking around looking. Err its kinda bad. But didnt say too much, just help to finish the 50 sticks he ordered... (I am seriously doing my weekend bingeing again Argh... (>_<)

Reached home and I felt hungry near 9pm. WTF? Ate the porridge that my mom cooked in the afternoon. This is seriously not helping... Oh yar watched this food program. Incidentally its on weight-loss. A few takeaways to try...

1) Protein is more satisfying (will feel hungry less quickly) then carbo, worst is fat.
2) Consume some low-fat dairy pdt cos the calcium will bind with the fats in the meal into something that the body wont absorb and pass out thru the crap.
3) A meal of a soup (with the solid food inside) will last longer than a meal of solid food plus water consumed separately.

Will try to work these into my diet and see how. Dun expect miracle. It took me near 1.25 years to put on 6kg. I think its realistic to say I will use the same timeframe to try to lose it... (O_O"") signz. Hope to be back to my relative healthier self (be it body weight, build and mental health) before I reach 30.

No comments: