Monday, March 17, 2008

Going on quite empty

Caught a bit of the chills yesterday, started sneezing at night. Then to top it off, my Dad was watching 881 around 1-2am... Had a hell of a time trying to sleep when I could clearly hear the Hokkien songs quite clearly despite closing the door. To counter, I switched on Harry Potter 5, then turned around to sleep.

Supposedly there was this advice from one of those tv shows about tuning in your radio to an empty frequency at low volumes to counter the sounds from the roads etc. It kinda worked with the turning on HP5 at low volumes and letting it run. Also HP5 was kinda more boring than the rest due to the Headmistress Umbridge. So once I let it run, I kinda turned over, put a bolster over my eyes and dozed off but slept peacefully after 2am...

Woke up a few times, 7am when my sister woke up to get ready for work. Could hear her voice... she was saying something kinda loudly. Then later around 8am, when the room got kinda bright, cos it faced East. Note to self *If I ever get a room of my own, get a west-facing one, so that the sun wont light up in your face in the morning*

Yar dozed here and there until 9am then I woke up. Was really tempted around 7am to just call in sick. Didnt feel good, sweated a lot, felt like crap, nose kinda blocked. BUT I dragged my reluctant ass up, ate something then headed to work. Was stoning all the way there. Was asking myself if I had any more energy to continue, had to look real deep and found it empty. Dun have much positive feelings/motivation left... Still there's a job to be done. I just try to the best of my circumstances.

After first half, wanted to faint. By then the nose was sniffing, lots of mucus. Did finish one admin deadline but couldnt focus to mark so cleared huge crap from email, so much spam and unimportant stuff inside. Then 2nd half of lesson. Finished and went back to do 1 measley piece of marking. Then left near 5.50pm. Signz ate my dinner and found my flu medicine from the previous visit for mc. A miracle this year, so far I have only 1 mc. Compared to earlier last year, on average I tio one once a month.

See if tom I am up to it. Its a LONG LONG day tom. If can survive through and dun feel well, then see how on wed. Work's kinda a bitch now. So many programmes that we are not really informed of that takes up teaching periods. That will cause a rush to cover the syllabus. Sianz is all that I feel now. Have to make adjustments cos certain stuff are eating into my periods big time. So kinda reluctant to be absent tom. See how I feel tom. Will try to have an early night. Man hope its Friday soon. Want to just rest.

Yar a colour to reflect my current self, based on things that I am now, ie more pessismestic
you are seagreen
#2E8B57

Your dominant hues are cyan and green. Although you definately strive to be logical you care about people and know there's a time and place for thinking emotionally. Your head rules most things but your heart rules others, and getting them to meet in the middle takes a lot of your energy some days.

Your saturation level is higher than average - You know what you want, but sometimes know not to tell everyone. You value accomplishments and know you can get the job done, so don't be afraid to run out and make things happen.

Your outlook on life can be bright or dark, depending on the situation. You are flexible and see things objectively.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

No comments: