Sunday, March 09, 2008

A spontaneous weekend

Friday evening, left work near 7pm to travel to FH's place. Took about 1hr 50min to reach. Phew. Then we settled down to help finish the 5 bottles of wine. While drinking the white wine, I told Candle that it tasted a bit like piss.. (cos has a kinda pungent, sour first taste) but I still asked for more after I finished. Then she asked 'Why are u drinking if it tastes like piss?' My reply was,'after a few sips, piss also taste nice.' Just exaggerating the taste-like-piss comment, dun take offense. Then talked about some prevailing issues. Tab did her KL act of stoning on the sofa.

Later near 1.30am, Tab left. Quetzal and Candle were sleeping. I decided to stay on until they were ready to leave. I hung around the balcony enjoying the view. It reminds me very very much of my old home. The home I lived in until I was in P6. Its on the 14th floor, faced the main road and mrt. Had a clear view of the sky and one could see the buildings and roads without any blocks blocking the view. That's exactly how the view from FH's balcony is. Even the fequent sounds of cars racing pass the road brings back memories from childhood. Then FH kindly cleared the bed in his study and I went to lie down around 2.30++

As the room is quite soundproof, cos most sounds very muffled, I fell asleep rather quickly. Woke up around 6.30am cos I heard the familiar sounds of those stupid birds crowing. To illustrate how loud it really is. A car passing the road is kinda muffled and soft. The birds doing their morning serending is a little louder than that despite being muffled too. I tried to get back to sleep but couldnt. So around 7am I went out to check on the 2 supposedly sleeping in the hall. Err... the sofas were empty. Eh? So they went off without calling me and leaving me and FH sleeping under the same house alone? Okay, at this point, I would like to clarify nothing happened.

I washed my face, drank some water and took a book about renting vs buying a house and started reading. After I've finished it, FH was still asleep. Didnt think its nice to wake him just to open the door. Bad enuff that he had to go out twice when Zhuan and Tab left, accompany them downstairs, waited for them to board taxi. Err dunno what time both Candle and Quetzal left so let him sleep lor.

After that I started on a second book about the randomness of the market and luck and was almost halfway through when FH woke up. Borrowed the book from him. Surprisingly he's a night owl that can wake up considerably early around 9.45am and go for breakfast. For this night owl, I wake up so early cos I am an extremely light sleeper, not cos I wanted to and I dun take breakfast due to stomache.

We went for breakfast and then he dropped me to take a bus. By the time I reached home, its near noon. Was feeling tired from a bit of lack of sleep. Decided to skip jap again. Went to sleep near 2pm and woke up near 7pm. My bro had come out to visit for the weekend. Later around 8pm, we went to walk one round around the neighbourhood. Then after we reached home, I commented that sometimes on nights like this, I really wish to go out and go 'jiat hong' (go ride around in a car) Then my bro said he wanted to go see the sheares bridge and suggested Changi. Surprisingly my dad offered to do a night drive to Changi. Usually he avoids driving at night cos he got asethmatism plus drink at night. Tonight he hadnt drink yet and could drive.

So all of us hopped in the car and we drove there. Couldnt switch off the air con and feel the wind in the face cos my Dad didnt allow that. When we were there, took the sky trains from T1 to T2 To T3 and back to T1. Checked out the retail outlets there and then ate at this Popeye chicken outlet. Its quite different tasting from KFC. Later we reached home safely. Today's happenings are kinda imprompto and spontaneous. Just how life should be like.

Sunday was kinda happening... as in went many places, though nothing spectacular happened. Went for breakfast with sister and bro next door, then in the afternoon, went to Tanjong Pagar train station with mom to send bro off, then youngest sis called and we headed to Vivo to meet up. Other sister and dad went to Johor for a relative wedding. We walked around Vivo, then makan dinner, then headed home in a cab. Arrived home shortly then took cab to see the sinseh for checkup plus get medication. Tom my mom and dad returning back to Msia to settle some stuff over there. Now kinda stoned and a bit sad that this March holiday is like a non-event for me. Down with things M, T, W and F... Cant go anywhere also. June will go visit my bro and maybe go somewhere also. For now not looking forward at all to the full day thing tom... will most probably be zoning out and zombieing mode until the end of the day... Dun really believe that these types of 8hr courses are effective in transmitting the ideas plus I dun really see the real life applications unless I try to come up with them. To sum it up, WTF.

No comments: