Sunday, February 24, 2008

A long day of shopping at Vivo

Today went to Vivo with my mom and 2 sisters, firstly to look for brunch. That was near 12pm. We ate at this place that sold HK cuisine. Interestingly it sold fusion, jap, korean, pasta etc. My sis's treat cos she just got her bonus. I ate some Jap/Korean fusion Stone seafood rice. That's like a stone bowl heated up and inside had rice, baby octopus, unagi, mushroom, a few green peas, egg, kimchi veg plus a sauce to mix it all up. Taste like claypot rice after a while when the rice got a bit charred.

After lunch, we began the shopping. Surprisingly my sister and mom really know how to shop and get value for money. We walked past boutiques after boutiques. There are quite a few having sale and selling stuff for $10++. I was left carrying most of the bags cos I volunteered and also dun like those styles. Finally I also sucumbed and bought a cardigan-like jacket(like my green one)$22, a brand new 'green' wallet $20, 2 more stainless steel rings $16, MiniToons candy $3 and this...

A lion dance toy for $15,



from one of those stalls from China set up in the mall. It was the last day for them. Hence slightly cheaper. According to the Lion dance master who commented for the CNY lion dance competition which I watched, there are 3 colours for the Lion, following the Romance of the 3 Kingdom. White for Liu Bei, Green for Guan Yu and Black for Zhang Fei. But as technology progressed, more colourful types of lions appear, gold, silver, purple, etc etc. My sis bought a Green one.



In between that I treated them to Starbucks coffee $25, and lastly my own dinner $11. Think I've spent more than a $100 in total!!! *shocking*

All of us were having a field day. Each of us save one, spent more than $100. Buying things like watch, bags, clothes, 2lion dance toys, mongolia head-dress, traditional chinese table cloth for praying... not sure whether you've seen b4. It red with the Tian gong there and the 8 immortals on it. Seen one many many years ago in my childhood when my Grandma would put it out on the altar table to pray on special days. Yar my mom bought 3 different cloths. By the time we made our way back via cab, its near 10pm. Wow near 10hours just inside Vivo, with a short walk to Harbourfront for the rings. We ate bruch, tea and dinner in Vivo. A most fulfilling day.

Kinda envy my other sister, who wants to go to NUS to eat roti prata tom. The other 2 of us have to work. Though kinda miss a bit of NUS food but dun have the time to go there to eat. Maybe one of these days during a school holiday.

No comments: