Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A plain day

Hmm nothing much to do now, feeling 'bored'

didnt bring work home,
dun feel like Mapling,
nothing online to watch, tv shows suck,
even ran out of Dvds to watch...

so only thing left is blog lor. *No wonder more active blogger, cos blog about mundane stuff from my mundane life*

How many of us can lead exciting lives, where everyday is a brand-new experience, everyday is sunny? Yar so whilst wallowing in the pain of things, its good to stop a while and look at the simpler pleasures of life. Its this little bits that help one to hang on.

I headed down to Orchard area after work to look for dinner. Smsed but in the end everybody's busy. Hence I alighted at Far East near 6pm and headed to Chahaya to makan. Well its like just eating alone, so dun want to go to crowded places eg Soupspoon or even cafes. Just a place that wont be crowded, and someone to serve you. Chahaya, cheap food, nice ice lemon tea and got people serve you. Everytime I go there, I would order this Hotplate Jiban Rice without fail. I've lost count of the number of times I ate it. The reason was the rest of the menu resembled normal food that can be found in every hawker stall.

Today a Chinese lady served me, I just asked her what is the 'specialty' or in Chinese- Zao Pai Cai for the fried section. She said 'alot' and mentioned first the Hokkien mee, so I ordered that. She didnt finish, first dish she mentioned, I just ordered, so didnt hear the rest. The verdict. Its really nice. At least better than my area one. Cos I just ate Hokkien mee yesterday, dabaoed home. The chilli is different from the typical chinese chilli used and its served piping hot. A delicious dinner. Next time, I'll try other stuff.

After eating, didnt feel like shopping or walking around, just hopped on a bus home.

A small happiness in a small, sorta way.

No comments: