Friday, September 11, 2009

The Night Skies @ Esplanade and Cinderella

"You must try out this unagi. I tell you, you will die with regret if you dont try it", Tab was telling me during Jap about this place where she and Quetzal had visited somewhere in Parkway.

"Okay, next week we go and try." was my reply.

When we saw Candle on Wed, we actually asked her for directions on how to go to Pakway. which is rather near her home. Her famous words "Can take 36 or 197. Infront of lucky plaza can take 36."

So on thursday, Tab and I met up infront of Lucky Plaza. I was talking with her when she decided, she better double check whether the buses actually stop there. I had some trust hence didnt think to do so. To our horor/astonishment/disbelief, there is no bus 36 at all!!! Then we looked at the bus directory, there's bus 14 and 16. Then I remembered many a times, Candle had gone to take bus 14 so we hopped on one. On the bus, we were disillusioned... and reached there safely.

Its a jap supermarket, inside they have a counter that cooks ur choice of the fish. The unagi is fattier and bigger and served piping hot. Taste wise, is about there. *owwww* Nevermind, watching Tab eating the salmon and hotake sashimi happily, i took a smal itsy bitsy bit to try. Hmm rather fresh, but the wasabi is good that it can cover the fishy smell that I dont really like in raw fish.

After that we walked around, bought a scoop of ice cream in cones, I ate Watermelon and Tab had Peach then Candle came. We walked around Parkway Shopping. Inbetween Candle came and went off to eat dinner then came back again. Think we stopped the longest in the Aussino shop. They have very very nice Autumn designs. Man the one I was bioing cost $84 after discount for bedsheet and quilt cover set. They took photos of the various designs incase the one at Paragon didnt carry the same design.

And we went to the Giant where I bought 6 can pack of Lychee Shandy. Yes they stock in 1 flavour. Bought a pineapple tea but its rather sucky. I bought lots of Sho Yue Mee chips, 4 packs to be put into the feeding bowl at home. My sisters would often look at the snacks I put in and ask for permission to open and eat. Soon it would be gone, hence the name feeding bowl. Previously my mussli bars were cleared off this way too. We headed to the bus stop to take 16 which dropped us at Esplanade.

We headed in to use the toilet and I mentioned that its very very long since I ever went up to the top of Esplanade. The first and last time I went there was almost 6 years ago, on Krynnder's first date with ZX. We went up and talked some before she went off. Thereafter I had gone numerous times to Esplanade but never up to the rooftop. So being spontaneous, we went up and found that its open even late at night. There's a beautiful view of the city and the waterfront, much fewer people, no cigarette smoke and even a cool evening breeze. All the things that I often complain about when standing at the water front, how its full of smoke and worst is there's no breeze. This will be my solution.

Then Tab took photos here and there, we sat down to drink a Shandy. Then went home.
_______________________________________________

Stroke of Midnight
I really feel like Cinderella. Imagine this, she has to reach home before midnight or else her beautiful clothes would disappear, rendering her in rags.

I need to reach home before midnight otherwise I might risk bringing 'more friends' home, though again I wonder how they make it into the home with so many amulets, idols around. But though I reached Clementi interchange around 11.45pm but the bus came around 12am, hence I reached home near 12.20am. Hmm hope nothing followed me... signz

No comments: