Monday, September 07, 2009

The Stuff of Legend....

Today I didnt go cut and dye my hair yet cos I was feeling tired, it was raining. Hence decided to make the Tuna potato patties and keep some potatoe for rosti experiment tomorrow.

I boiled and peeled the potatoes inbetween the gaming. Then finally settled down to mash the potatoes in the kitchen. My youngest sister, Geoky came in unexpectedly and decided she wanted to mash too.

She got a plate, used a wooden scoop and proceeded to mash some. She suggested adding ham to the potatoe. I replied that she could make a batch of that. Mine was to be tuna added in. So she continued to mash for a very short while before crap began...

She started her crap first about how she could mash better than I could using the wooden ladle than me who was using the potato masher, how hers was more finely mashed, how its better to use 'primitive' tools like our ancestors did, how using love, can make a delicious dish.

So after a while, I started showing her my eye whites. "Look again, if u didnt know ur sister has eye whites, lemme show u again... See that?"

After that, it became Iron Chef, which is a cooking competition show between 2 chefs, the iron chef and challenger. I was the challenger against her, the Iron chef. Apparently she's trained in France and specialty is baking and seasoning... while I am a chef-wannabe. She worked in SC-restaurant while I was in Citi-restaurant doing menial kitchen work, short of toilet cleaning. So that's why she wasnt so concerned about 'my challenge'. She kept me laughing with all these crap and more.

After we made the patties and took turns to fry it.

Here's the pics.

The inspiration from SpongeBobSquarePants, Patrick the star and BrownBob the square.


Iron Chef Geoky's creations


Chef-wannabe HB's creations.


Our Joint-venture. *PS*- Any resemblence to any anatomical part is purely coincidental and part of ur own OVERLY ACTIVE IMAGINATION. Its just a long croquette in long strip and in ball shape... really


Though my mom didnt see these pictures. But taste-wise Geoky's are nicer cos lots of ham and the overall is very tasty. Mine is crispy on the outside but not enough tuna cos I only put in a can. I personally found the tuna and potatoe didnt match up this time. Hmm it seems Iron Chef Geoky does have talent in cooking besides blowing her own trumpet.

She suggested that I try out Ham Potatoe Patties next time, winning combination, nice taste, and nicely fried. Hmm...

No comments: