Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sweet Potatoe

IR, Quetzal, Tab and I drove into JB, Jusco Tebrau do some shopping as well as to get much needed massage for my stiff shoulders and crackling neck yesterday.

It took quite a while to get in though, I spent some time in Causeway point walking around, looking at the 3-on-3 basketball tournament held for under-14 boys. Some are really tall and quite a few teams are really good. You watch them, and you would think "Wow, I wish I could do that. Now what was I doing again in Secondary?" I felt the need to exercise come upon me.

Later on around 4.30-5pm, we arrived safely. I was walking around and thinking of food. Ate a pack of rice for brunch but just felt really hungry. After walking the first level and reaching the second level, I left them looking at the shoes to go toilet, draw cash from atm, buy newspapers for dad, bought a drink, chewing gum and a Share Investor book about Malaysian shares. I grabbed the sole English copy I saw. Then I bought 1kg of sweet potates. Its not just ordinary sweet potatoe, its Honey sweet potatoe and its roasted nicely and stuff. I spent RM$20 and was munching them happily. Went back up and the rest were surprised with my buy.

Well its not like I can eat such nice sweet potatoe in Sg. Though I was telling them how the poorer in the past used to eat lots of it cos its filling and cheap. Yet as we got affluent, I still like the taste of it. Its some childhood thing, cos my grandma always put some bits of sweet potatoe into porridge, and it made the porridge sweeter tasting. Got a taste for it. Its a rather Hokkien thingy.

We walked around and I bought 2 tops for RM$36.80. Ate Chicken and Portuguese egg tart. They left me to walk around after I found the Game shop. Bought a PSP casing, a new high speed 8gig memory and loaded in all the FF titles I dont have. That took a while. Then rushed to the session of massage. But was 10mins late. So have to settle for 1/2hr half back. I really like the half body instead of full body massage. My problem is my neck and shoulder and it does hit the spot. My neck didnt creak after that, today is stil not creaking. Very worth it even if its RM$42. Still way cheaper here.

Then I went to the supermarket to get stuff. Wanted the coconut but they sold out. Bought shampoo, pad and toothpaste instead. The tooth paste is cos that is a very very refreshing flavour. Its under Darlie - lemon lime flavour. Its very nice, makes me look forward to brushing teeth, costing RM$70 in total. Wow, easily spent about RM$400... woo wee

Hmm I would often think that spending ringgit is still better than sing dollars cos of the exchange rate and also, since I hold both, Sing is more valuable. Ringgit is like for spending. That is something I grew up with by heading back to Msia every holiday to visit grandparents. Also due to share investments, I do have a larger amount of RM than previously, though most are in malaysian shares but still have several k of RM sitting there. The irritating thing about malaysian banking is that every year, there has to be at least 1 transaction, be it to deposit money in or withdraw money. Most of the other times, I am always putting money in to avoid it getting locked up. Hardly spend, in fact, often is I changed in excess and extra are thrown in. Good to take out some and spend. Though I still have RM$2k sitting idly my Poems account. Also dunno to buy shares or to draw out as in a cheque and deposit into malayan bank account.

Overall if I go back, would go for the half body massage again, games, some clothes, coconut, sweet potatoe, and if only they have dvds to buy... that would be perfect.

No comments: