Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pan cakes _ Vanilla Ice Cream

After a long stand-still... today I got about to making some pan-cakes during my free period. Since I've finished my solo lessons for today, I had a free period and I decided to cook instead. I dont really know HOW a nice pancake taste like or look like, so its a hard to decide how long to cook it. So though they didnt turn out fluffy or thick, they are chewy. Still have some leftover flour, think I will try to make some with less milk so its less liquid. But its not rising much... hmm have to research more about 'making pancake mix from scratch'.

Which brings me to the newly opened shop near my guitar school, called "Simply Pancakes". Think I need to visit it to check out what and how a good pancake should look and taste like. There's an anime convenction of sort this weekend. Dont think I will go for the concert... see how after guitar this sat. Still need lunch after that.

Then since after meeting still got some time, I spent it cleaning up and cutting up the "chocolate chip pancakes" and serving it downstairs for collegues. Then while watching my collegue, cos now I am free-er after work cos of not starting assignment yet also have been skipping gym...

... so I asked if she would be taking some more time, so I can go and try out the 'Amateurish Ice-cream'. The last 2 weeks, I have been freezing many ice-cubes at work so used them and did a 'Vanilla Ice Cream' but cos didnt really massage it for too long plus maybe too little salt used... so its still more liquidy. So I poured the fluffy melted-ice-cream style liquid into a container and seal and put in the freezer. See how it turns out at tomorrow.

Nothing much else... I am trying to 'jump-start' the gym going and more stuff which I dropped after being sickly for 2 weeks. So hard to get started...

Still have several new recipes to try out. Also still have to do re-match with macarons... also thinking of pairing macarons with tiramisu cos one uses alot of egg white, the other uses only egg yolks.

No comments: