Sunday, November 14, 2010

Whoopie cake 1st try

A whoopie cake is like a cake-version of the macarons. Imagine two 3-4cm diameter cake shells that sandwiches the cream filling. I had a rather successful run making it on Friday. The only hic-cup is the Matcha buttercream (round 3) which didnt turn out fluffy enough...

I put them together and cut into halves and left on the table for collegues shortly before I left. I did taste one. I think its pretty good except it wasnt that sweet. So I could consider tweaking the recipe to make it sweeter, either the cake shells or the filling. Both werent that sweet which is actually fine with me.
___________________________________

Still havent gone about gym yet. I think I shall make a last ditch try today - Sunday. I am a bit tempted to go down for the Anime thingy cos yesterday we didnt go. See how...

One more week of lax before I resume the assignment, which is twice-weekly. Its very hard to start once one stops the routine. Lost the momentum. Hard to regain. Both mind and body are weak.

I went out alone on Friday. After the whoopie cake making, I left at 5pm and went home to change first. Didnt know what to do so I took but 143 all the way to Orchard. Cos I didnt want to squeeze with rush hour crowd on the mrt. Reached Orchard and I walked towards Scape. Used toilet and walk over to Cathay. Was thinking of catching a movie if the timing allows. Ate Mee Hoon Kueh plus very delicious Guo Tie from the basement food court. Was too full to consider BFF - best fries forever. Feeling full and warm after the soupy dinner, I walked over to Paragon to get some drinks. In the end, felt tired and not up for a movie. In the Jasons Marketplace, it was very very Christmasy. Lots of Christmas goodies and chocs and drinks. Its where one really realize that Christmas is coming and the mood is there. After that, I took a bus home again.

Yesterday was a nice trip out. Just that I felt tired at certain points. Think the lack of exercise is affecting my stamina. More a reason to start. The new place we tried out "Strictly Pancakes" serves very good pancakes. Also I bought about 4 Cds. I did change SGD at a pretty high rate of RM$2.385 and thus fatten my malaysian wallet further. Also guitar lesson was better, at least I could understand some stuff. We'll be switching to electric guitar at the end of this set of 4 lessons.

Dinner though was kinda disappointing cos the food was really just like 'canned' or 'ready-made' style. Nothing memorable and it was mediocre. Plus it was pricey. My set dinner cost $11.90 for a drink, a stew (with rice and fries) and I added on a medium fries also. So the stew reminds me of canned soup and I think they put in 'leftover' or 'extra' ingredients that come from their other mains like hotdogs and chicken chop. The rice was pretty good, which is some rice with mushroom and cooked with a sauce. The fries were normal. I ordered the funky and healthy "beetroot with honey" and its not bad. But I would not consider eating there again. Not a good value proposition. Felt tired after that, think lack of stamina. We walked around a bit more before I left to take a bus. I actually dozed and slept on the bus journey. Woke a few times to check that I didnt miss the stop. Reached home around 10.20pm. Took a bath, brushed teeth and slept.

Again I woke up at the ungodly time of 7.30am without alarm clocks at all. Its irritating cos I really wanna sleep more on weekends but my body clock is really tuned to my working hours. Now I am hungry, havent eaten breakfast yet. Think I shall go over to eat something.

No comments: