Tuesday, May 03, 2011

IC and errands

Mostly on these off days especially, then I would use them to run errands. Being an educator meant that I don't have leave to take to handle stuff. Errands include banking, paying bills, things of administrative nature like changing IC, dental n medical check-up appts. Hair-cut, library trips of more minor nature. They all have to wait until I have a hol on a working day esp for those of banking and adminstrative nature due to offices opened on weekdays only.

I set my alarm to the usual 7am and woke to turn it off. Tried to sleep more cos initially I wanted to go at 8am but I wasn't sure if I needed to photocopy my IC, so that would mean I have to wait for the bookshop to open at ten. Hence stayed at home until 11am, headed out for brunch before going to Lavendar.

The queuing for the walk-in not mail or online application for the IC took a while, relatively okay when one is not in a hurry. Music and I-phone helps. Then got my number, waited for my turn. Not too long 15mins, then time for the application. Took fingerprint, show passport verification. Paid $50. Collection would be after 1.5hrs.

I decided to head to Bugis and maybe catch a movie before heading back to Immigration before 4.30pm. Thor was showing in Illuma. I watched in 3D instead of normal cos it was the earlier show at 2.10pm. Killed some time by walking around the Illuma arcade. Was tempted to play but nothing really catches my interest.

The movie was okay but the experience was marred by this gp of 5 china Chinese sitting in the row right behind me. Despite the movie starting, I could hear them talking. Plus I felt my seat moving time and again. Turned back a couple of time to look but wasnt stopping. Since my row was rather empty, I shifted 2-3 seats away to be uninterrupted. Yet the seat still can feel movement like someone kick or push the seat. I looked over and I saw feet coming from the back, stuck into the hand rest space. Irritatedly I try to watch.

Time and again, still feel the seat being moved. Until midway through, I turned behind, told them in a loud audible voice in Mandarin to don't kick the row in front please. They obviously heard me and stopped. There was still some later on, but from another idiot whom sat further from the chinese but at least it wasn't so often. But really instead of relaxed, become irritated. And couldnt focus on the movie at times. Still it's not worth the 3D premium. 2D will suffice. The movie is abt 2hrs.

After that I walked back to mrt n headed to collect the new IC. It was almost 4.30 by the time I arrived. Gave them the slip issued and waited for my name to be called. After that I had to head home, dinner n assignment. I called home cos my parents returned from Malaysia. I called in case I had to help dabao zcp dinner, which I did.

Dinner was zcp dishes n homemade rice. Our home rice is better quality than outside rice hence my mom would rather just dabao the dishes. I ate that and a scoop of my Rum & Raisin ice cream version 2. I quite like it though I am not a fan of rum n raisin ice cream. My mom tried a little bit cos she's on diet n she liked it too.

With a bit of milk added to smoothen texture cos version 1 was just cream, rum n sugar. The milk smoothens it alot and the texture in the mouth is very nice. Yet not overly milky and my mom was saying that it is enough milk such that its smooth yet soft n doesn't cover the taste of the rum.

My only grouse is that the texture when scooped is still flakey cos of the way that it's frozen. Cos if it's chilled by the freezer, the freezing would follow that of ice cubes. So instead of creamy soft like ice cream, it turns slightly popsicle texture. BUT that part can only be rectified by getting an ice cream maker... The one with an inbuilt compressor cost $400++ I am not sure how much ice cream I would be making to justify buying one. So for that part is bo bian. Just have to live with it until I can test it on a real ice cream maker.

I have 2 more free days. Tom cut hair, go gym, hmm practise guitar... Make macaroons? Err dunno but I already got the macaroons recipe book. Later when I reached home, I can check it out, can buy the ingredients after haircut. Means must go gym earlier in the morning. That should occupy me for whole day?

Then I have a medical check-up appt followed by lunch appt. After that, I have yet to decide what to do... Hmm resting and slacking sounds good. Too bad couldn't make a trip to JB. Had thought of asking Dad to drive in like today but due to the sudden passing of a granduncle, so they had to go back for the funeral, just came back this afternoon. Oh well... another time for that.

No comments: