Monday, May 30, 2011

No more alcoholic drinks in Fish & Co...

Met up with FH and Quetzal after guitar. It was a bloody hot day but we were comfortable inside the LoveHouse for Fish and Co. To break the 'curse of the west coast plaza' I decided to eat lunch there. They revamped the food. I ordered the 'Starter Platter' which had prawns, calamari, fish nugget, veg and nachos. Added in the rice plus the Mermaid (mango) freeze cos they removed the alcoholic beverages... NO!!! My Deep Sea and Fishy Maria cocktails are gone forever...

Signz, guess I should have eaten there more often. But the starter platter is very very good. The fish nugget and prawns are very fresh. Totally enjoyed the meal. After lunch, we headed to Robertson area. I actually mistaken UE square and UE in Novena.... err there goes the suggestion for udders. We ended up at the Laurient Chocolatier. Where I had my first creme brulee and a green tea milkshake. The creme brulee is quite nice, can see the vanilla essence pods inside. *FYI - an entire vanilla pod cost about $10* FH had chocolate ice cream and Quetzal had mango sherbet. The weather turned a bit cooler and it was nice to lounge around the Robertson Quay area.

Later we posed as potential buyers doing viewing with FH's current appointment. The view is not bad but the price tag is beyond most of us. Later Quet and I headed to Orchard. Nothing in particular except we were too full to eat dinner so decided to go Far East. We ended up buying a jacket each then had Chahaya dinner. Walked to ION to aid digestion a bit and ended up in the CD shop. Think I have a pent-up demand for music so I ended up paying $160 for 9 cds. Bought Lady Gaga's fame monster 2CD, her new album and JLo's new album. The other two were compliations. 1 is the Brit music award selection 3disc and the other is Now 78, 2 discs. I buy for the radio-friendly songs that I've heard over radio fairly recently.

The Bruno Mars song - Just the way you are, is stuck in my head. Its a very happy sounding song and its in the category of songs which lightens the mood alot.

I really spent a lot.... $60 on lunch, dinner and dessert, $160 on CDs, $55 on a jacket, $120 for guitar course... *kaching kaching* But its a good day out, that's how a weekend should be. Weekend has gotten so much more precious with the too-hectic and intense and tiring weekdays. I never want weekends to end.

No comments: