Saturday, November 13, 2004

Bored At Home, Raining

I am bored. Bored to death. Its a Saturday n I didnt go out. I've nothing to do, no plans or anything. Slept and laze around until eleven. Went out and bought lunch for family members. Eat, sleep some more, play a couple hours of PSII and I am STILL bored. Its raining and cold. Malay neighbour gave some malay food for Hari Raya. Ate malay food for dinner. Stared at computer, dun feel like doing anything. Nothing interesting online to do... Went out to 7-11 to buy bread and toilet-rolls. I am bored.

Nothing seems interesting or worth doing at this point. Dun u experience this sometimes, when u are just bored silly, nothing seems to perk u up. Feels very unsettled, want to do something but dun know what exactly to do. So one goes around the house and start doing things like washing the dishes, cutting and eating watermelon, go to a nearby provision store to buy staples... and its late at night, yet still feel very bored and listless.

Didnt want to go out today cos of the rain and am sick of taking public transport. Sometimes I get de javu from riding trains and buses almost everyday. There is a period of time when I had to 7 days a week. Well the good thing is that this day is almost over. It will be bedtime soon... but the emptiness of the day is still strongly felt. I wanna chill out but dun want to stay out too long, or late or travel far. Too much to ask I guess, well then I have to use my imagination to travel or if I can, let the spirit leave the body and roam around. I guess even with that, I wont know what exactly I want to do at all. Its just one of those days that can be sumed up with one word: DUH. The good thing is that school is closing, and a long holiday in another 3 weeks. Just a bit more to go, hope the last week can go smoothly without a hitch. Still got Stomp performance to refine. If did not have duties, can join students and buddy going to SnowCity, a class trip. Hope I can go, havent been there before... and its free!

Things worth remembering for the past week:

Class had a 'Salad-making' competition. One of the criteria was that the salad must be edible. Hence students are challenged to eat their own handiwork. But the class educators have to taste from all the groups. So I ate yuogurt-soaked melon, apple slice, celery, green cherry and a piece of chilli. Sign. I was busy on fri so didnt eat much. After eating the above, lost my appetite for anything else. On the lighter note, after seeing their educators eat their salads, the rest of the class tucked in. :) Lucky already fri so got stomache also nevermind.

Went to jap class with Kheldar, at first had to meet her at 5.30 but she had tuition at 6, hence I decided not to meet her for dinner and took a nap. Woke up late and rushed to class, met J, a fellow Educator. Her load is a full Educator load. And we were sharing stories about our own experiences. Definitely an eye-opener. Felt lucky that my current load is still okay. Next year, things would be different. Then after we walked to suntec, I had the worst luck in trying to find my dinner. Went to Subway, closed. Went to Hans, closing and not taking orders anymore. Went to Suntec, all the stalls in the food court closed. To top it off, just as we were making our way to burger king, the gate closed on us. Had to make a detour to the other exit and make our way back to the burger king. Damn! Had to settle for a burger meal. Salmon burger. Had a short debate with Kheldar upon the best meanst to eat salmon. The best in my opinion, is to fry it in oil with a bit of onions and chilli. Taste great. Err but the salmon burger was a bit salty and dry. But hungry so bo bian. Man, ever since the S11 near the National library closed, its been difficult to find some decent food at late hours.

No comments: