Sunday, November 21, 2004

School's out and the holidays are here. Unfortunately that only applies for the kids. The rest of us still have about two more weeks of pure admin work to do. Its another bureaucracy.

Man, the past week has been hectic, getting full relief schedules and rushing for Stomp rehersal. There were practice everyday and everyday got relief duties. Had to settle the class, run down to meet students for rehersals, run back up to check, run down. Up and down until my knees hurt at night. Furuidesyo! Getting old. Had no time for breakfast or recess. Just used five mins to grab a sandwich whilst I was running up and down. Hell, but I didnt lose any weight. *shrugs*

Some politics surfaced: The Head felt that certain items were not up to standard and would not advertise and promote us. Hence had a last rehersal to 'judge' which one to keep. I can see that the Head is trying to showcase the best but to have this elimination on the eve of the concert only serves to undermine the efforts of the performers. 2-3 weeks of preparation down the drain. In the end, only one item was cut. Mine was not, though in the Head's quoted example, did mention something that hints of disliking my item... But it was more of a hidden meaning, wonder if it is there or have I misinterpreted... On the actual day, there was some technical hiccup that prevented us from delivering a flawless performance. Though the students were disappointed, but just told them that its not their fault. Wonder if any recrimminations will be coming this way. Oh well, what the heck! Dun care much at this point. If the Head is sooooo great, go and put up an impressive item for all I care. My partner for the item mentioned that wanted to get some feedback, I just say nevermind lor, cos its over and the glitches were technical not the performers fault. See how things go the next week or so.

After a tiring and intense week, still cannot rest, cos sat got something on. Had duties to do. Got home around one-thirty, rested and left for Jap class at three-thirty. For jap class, had to try to draw the animals based upon the description (in Jap) and was laughed at by Krynnder and Tab for some of my drawings. Of course laugh back at theirs! Hey, I am not an artist, cant draw free-hand. Man, that was one week's quota of laughter. I guess we were laughing so loudly in class that Sensei came and looked at what we were drawing... *Grins* For all the teasing, I got the Kappa right! Take that!

Went home after cos both of them going out. For the coming function, managed to lay my hands on some cheap (batik) sarong @ $5 per piece. Just trying to figure out how to wear it for now. Too big a piece for the intended bandana or arm bands. Hmm, see how lah.

No comments: