Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Snowing, Bum Aches and Snowfights

First day of the week and I slept very little. Tossing and turning around in bed. Its just one of those nights where u cant get to sleep. Your body is yelling at ya to sleep but the eyes and mind refuse to close. Then after a long while, unknowingly u drifted off to sleep only to wake up again, thinking "Eh? Did I fall asleep just now? I thot just now I was still staring at the ceiling?" So begin a glorious day and my alarm clock rang. Did the usual routine to go to work. Again I will only know my schedule after I climbed up to the Hall.

"Man, its a full day of relief again. What to do to entertain them huh?" Then assembly started. "What! Concert during my only free periods... NOOooo!" So begins a glorious day at work. Basically just sit in, get them to do their own things or play with bearable noise level. Then inbetween classes and my break time, went for the Stomp rehersal. Overall quite good, but need some areas of improvements. Felt quite drained until the end of the day.

Manage to go to SnowCity foc after classes, despite the many hiccups. Some political in nature, some due to planning and weather. Its pretty small though, two sections: A playground and a slope. Play the slope with students. Had to climb up the steps to the top, then lock arms and slide down. Quite a fun ride, a bit bumpy at the end. Played around 5-6 rounds. Asobidesuyo! Its like going down a slide and u accelerate until u reach the bumpy end u shake uncontrollably and end up in a pile at the end of the slope. Lemme see, I landed hard on my bum, hit my hand, hit my head and even slide down on the bumpy and icy patch with my bare back. Ouch! U know how when u lose control, things start going haywire. Ur bum instead of being balanced nicely in the tyre, it came loose when the tyre hit the bumpy part and the next thing u know, u are sliding down on your back, worse still your shirt flares up and its your bare skin! Enjoyable nevertheless, and I didnt even scream at all. I was smiling and laughing all the way down.

After I had enough of sliding, I went to the playground and tried to scrape together some snow. (There is not that much snow, just a thin layer.) There was a snow war! Educators vs Monkeys. At first no one targeted me. Then they noticed me and I climbed up the slide, then kena all-out war! My buddy was already in combat, catching Monkeys and swinging them around, whilst the rest of the troop tried to 'rescue' or shoot some more snow. Soon I was in combat. At first just a couple dared to tackle me. Hahah but I got the last laugh, cos I caught them and lifted one (boy and girl alike) and swing them around. (remembers wrestling moves on tv. Can be used on little monkeys) While I did that, most scatter. But after a while, they realized that I can only tackle at most two at one time, so they work in teams. While those few are struggling within my grips, the rest took the opportunity to put snow on my head, in the hood of the jacket which slided down my back... So its payback! But one cannot outgun so many. I went down fighting valiently to the bitter end. I think I was surrounded by more than 6 at one point. Man, but after they scatter, its revenge. (Later my buddy told me that he would wait until now to initiate his revenge on the naughty/attitude ones.) So there were only 4 Educators vs 80 Monkeys. Suffice to say, most put up a brave fight, me and my buddy fighting hard. (Earn bravery medal)

After all the games, still had enrichment for them. Due to some hiccup, all of us havent eaten our lunch and its cold so all famished at this point. As Educators, we sneaked out of the conference room to eat whereas the hungry Monkeys had to continue to make their own ice-cream experiment. Some saw us eating, and gave us the 'Ohhhhhh u r eating look' with finger pointing and wide eyes. Man, what a sight to die for. I was drinking then, so I pretended to be enjoying my food a lot, of course, much to their envy. A hungry man is an angry man indeed. Most of us are famished. Reached home around 6.30pm today. Long day. It really feels like a friday instead of a tuesday. All of us are counting down til this Friday. Not that there wont be work, but there wont be school. Tom is another day of Stomping and relief duties. Nevermind as long as I dun have to entertain them.

No comments: