Monday, November 01, 2004

Hmm today is a good start to the work week. Though had to wake up early, but no CCA, light duties = free time to do a bit of reading, as well as make some changes to the admin work project from previous marking week. A bit of problem so had to do some amendments and hand in for 'approval'.

When I reached my workplace, a collegue, commented that she wondered how much would she pay to see me wear skirt. Huh??? Me, wear skirt!?! U got to be joking. I wondered out loud with her, that MANY of my friends will saving to see that too. (huh? I was wearing a sleeveless top with track pants and sport shoes... what's wrong? *shrugs*)

I just told her good-naturedly, "Keep saving... I will consider it. My friends are still saving..."

Err the other two untrained educators like me, also on an earlier occasion told me that they have a special request...

"Hey, we have a special request..."

"....... yes?"

"If we get married, will u be our bridesmaid so that we can see u in skirt..." (glee)

"....Err u can wait lor... Most prob, I'll wear pants, WHO ever declare that bridesmaid MUST wear skirts. My friends are still waiting lor...." (sign... why people who have never met all think only about that same one thing? There are more impt issues out there to tackle than me wearing skirt or not..... duh)

Well back to today, the day ended normally and I messaged Kheldar to go downtown cos I wanted to check out some board games to stock up on. In the end, what caught our eyes were more of toy percussions, guitars, make-ur-own badges etc, instead of board games. We came out pretty empty-handed. But had to wrestle and coax Kheldar thru the candy section...

Ended up in Sakae Sushi for buffet. Ate like 16+ plates, a record, given my norm was 5 at one sitting. Well since its a buffet so just eat like crazy. Mmmmm, unagi sushi and gyoza are good! Coupled with hot tea and miso soup on a cold and dark rainy afternoon. End it with 4 mochi ice-cream. It's totally blissful. When was the last time I had such a GREAT feeling. Heheheh not to mention, we sms Candle and Quetzal to disturb them. Hahaha. Well its a good feeling to be out. Cos though my work ends earlier compared to the past, but I had to rush for others. Never seem to have much time for myself. Even sats was more for japanese lessons than for outing. This, is what it feels like to really go out. Goal-less and all the time in the world and all shops open with little crowds. Man it feels great. Esp if u know how many pple are pissed with u when u tell them that. Oh well, after a fabulous lunch/dinner that stretched from 4.oopm tol 5.30pm. After a satisfying meal, we went jalaning around.

Tried my luck at this vending machine for 'Nightmare Before Christmas' and got 2xPumkin heads and 2xFreaking Ugly Barrel. Duh the Barrel head figure was so freaking ugly that when I offered to Khledar, she flatly refused. It is also of a repulsive texture, that when I used it to rub Kheldar's arms, she shivered in disgust. Hahahah, u should see her expression also. I remarked that I should keep one on my table as a tailsman to ward off foul creatures. Its really ugly enough to do so. So in the end I managed to chuck one into the bin and keep one. In the end, I gave the two pumpkin heads to sisters who love nightmare before christmas, and kept that one repulsively ugly head to bring to my work place. They also found it damn ugly. If only I had a camera to take the pic of it but it'll will be a waste of bits and memory space.

Later we walked past the Subaru Challenge. Pitied the contestants who are wet through from standing in the rain. But a Subaru cost around $100k with COE. So it'll be a good catch if one can win one. But lucky i did not participate, cos if i do, I will make sure I win despite the costs. I dun back down such a challenge.

Due to my malfunctioning phone, we went into a Hello shop and came out empty-handed. Though my hp is only one more charge into phone heaven, but I dun really see any models that I really wanted. Not really keen on the models displayed. "A phone is a phone, is a phone." Nothing more. But not keen on a basic phone so that I can use the cam phone to take pics, but not too lousy that the pic appears blurred. So I'll just use my dying phone until it kongs off or when I am merciful enough to give it phonetenesia and send it to phone heaven.

Since we are near Hereen, hoped in too. Managed to buy some very nice Gackt pics for my sis birthday present. Phew. Didnt had the time to buy her something she liked. Not to mention, I dun really know what she really liked... (Okay I stink as a sister. I dunno what my sisters really liked. Only a brief understanding or remberance) So she liked them, commented nice. Ya! Cos if she didnt like them, I would have gladly kept them for myself :) They are VERY nice, u see. I got good taste. She commented expensive though, well its not everyday right. And she is not spending rite. Just keep lah. "Money earned but not spent, is as good as toilet paper." Oh, just next to that shop where I bought the pics, was a candy store. We never made it past the shop, cos the delicious smell drew Kheldar in. Who wrestled with the decision to buy or not to buy. Well just told her to buy lor. So she did. 100+ grams of sweets. Then she's happily munching and chewing candy whilst we made our way around and to Kino. Sugar-high. Hmm me? Nah I'll pass... the mochi ice-cream is already enough. Not to mention, just on sat, met Kheldar and we shared candy which I still regretted cos after the first bite: Everything elses is just either TOO sweet or TOO much sweets... Arg! I have a sweet/sugar quota. If I take too much, I will have a sugar-sickness instead of sugar-high. I will just go "arg! too sweet, tooooooo sweeeeeet...... puke :)

While we were in Kino, and browsing through the tarot cards. Chanced upon a divination book that u just ask the qns and flip to the page for the answer. Not good response...

Q: How will I fare in my current job?
A: U will make it up as u go. (huh? so i just bluff my way through?)

Q: Will I ever get married?
A: What are u waiting for? ( huh?!?!?!? There isnt anyone unless u count my admiration for Gackt and many anime characters.... Any hiding males please reveal yourself to me.... Duh...)

Q: Will I retire rich and young?
A: Dream on (or something like that, so at this point, I wanted to burn the book)

Last Qn: Will I marry the one I really love?
A: Very Negative, forgot..... (Argh! I really wanted to jump on the book and burn it in kerosene)

Shindekudasai kono baka to kuso hon desuyo!!! (Die u stupid and shitty book!!!)

It was a good outing in a long while. Cos its been really long since I did something like this. There is no crowd, all the time in the world, all the shops are open. So we met at 2.30pm and I left around 9.30pm.

No comments: