Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh My Fucking God!!!!!!!!!!!! *shock*

Walao!!!!!! The gods are out to play with me!!!!! *wails*
In my earlier post, I was happily stoning in the computer lounge trying to do up a lesson plan when the admin staff came and told me that my Supervisor called and she was on her way!

WTF? I thought that the observation was next week!!! Why the sudden change in plan? OMG! I had to franctically print out the lesson plan for her and met her when she came shortly. Apparently she had a change in plans and she had informed the other supervisees EXCEPT me! WTF!!!! Anyway there was nothing I could do but keep on looking through my lesson and praying that I dun screw up.

When it was 11am, we went in. Due to the sudden nature of her appearance, my CT had to stop going throught the ca answers and I had to give them some time to finish and quickly stopped them. How it went??? Atrocious is my verdict.

As the topic I was going through, I had covered with the class already earlier for the CA, but didnt do the wb and also not covered thoroughly, so I decided to do a proper one using examples from the tb. Lets just say most thought that they understood and started making noise and playing a fool. Lets just say I had finished my lesson but some still say dun understand but yet dun listen.

So after the lesson, I was debriefed. According to her,

1) make sure that all are on task before I begin (ie make sure all have only their necessary stuff on the table, nothing else)

2) have extension activities so that those who finished early can be kept occupied.

3) always keep the group busy ie more student-focused and instanteous feedback eg use of flashcard.

WELL. All I could say was that I did use the flashcards previously but decided to try out using the textbook examples because I might miss out on some things if I just only use my own examples and explain. Sian! After that I had a rather sore throat and feel rather sian. Of all the better days, had to come down for this one when I am trying out the tb approach.... Oh well in the end, she gave me 2 proficient and 3 acceptable for the 5 areas. Luckily she told me exactly when she would be coming, and it is for the english lesson with the P5 class which I am doing pretty okay so far, as far as what I heard from my Eng CT for today's lesson.

Aiyo already quite drained liao after one lesson observation but to kena 2 in one day, and one a rather important one is really too much liao. Once school ended, I just packed up and go, after making sure I have nothing pending and pretty much slept like a log from 4-8pm. Then I woke up feeling better and normal again.

Never mind, I was never aiming for a distinction or credit in the first place. What I want is just to pass, never mind the grades. So long as I dun fail its alright. Also I tell myself, that a single observation for a rather noisy lesson does not mean that I have failed as an educator. Just caught me on a bad and unexpected day. Oh well tom is another day.

No comments: