Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some updates

1) Power of the Lucky Coins?

With the aid of Candle, whose been frequenting Aussino. I have NOW completed the Lucky Coin set (but havent changed my bedsheets yet). Have the bedsheet, pillow cover, bolster cover, comforter, on top of my quilt cover. Will from tom onwards be literally be sleeping on many many coins. Hope it brings me wealth and lots of it. Had a dream yesterday it seemed, and went to buy 4D. See if it comes true?

2) Ouch...

Again, like Candle, I sprained my left ankle and it also happened yesterday. Was on my way to work walking on a narrow path. Then someone walked past, I was looking at my sms, I just shifted a bit and my left ankle went off the pathway to the uneven ground beside it and got twisted. It was kinda a bad twist but I was rushing. Just massaged it a bit and rushed to work. By the end of the day, it was aching slightly. So far not swollen. Just got discomfort and dull pain when walking... Yar already booked a slot this sunday to see the sinseh about it.

3) Need a sound-proof room that is not facing the sun...

Last night after midnight, I couldnt go to sleep. One of the contributing reason was my Dad. He's retired and so dun need to lead a normal morning to night routine. So often he ends up watching some documentaries about China in the middle of the night when everyone whose working is trying to sleep. Thats not too problematic. He's getting old in age and hearing not so good, put to quite a loud volume. There were times I was in the kitchen toilet and could still hear clearly what he was watching.

Last night was no exception. I closed the room's door. Put pillow and bolster to cover both ears, yet could hear the Chinese commentary clearly. My mom already told him nicely to turn the volume down a bit but he either didnt hear or what. By the time I decided to get up from bed and go out to say something. I was feeling very irritated. Just told him (in a not-so-nice-way, I am guilty) that it is so loud I could hear it despite the measures and told him to turn down the volume. With that went back to the room. Initally the volume got louder. Dunno whether he is testing it to see if it was really that loud or purposely... I was lying in bed feeling DAMN angry and wishing that I could sleep in a sound-proof room just to get a good night's sleep. Then after a while the volume lowered until I cant hear the words clearly with the bolster over my ears. Then I managed to go to sleep.

I am not cursing my Dad with anything. Its just that certain habits of his like watching some documentaries/news loudly in the middle of the night is not condusive to sleep. I am not the only one complaining though I am the hardest hit. My sisters and mom have told him at times to lower the volume. Just wish the TV will kaboom and there'll be peace for a short while. Man I really want a sound-proof room where the only thing I can hear is my own breathe. Then can really rest in peace? Signz

4) Limping down Orchard Road...

Met up with Candle on friday nite cos need something to do to chill out. Tab n Quetzal busy. So both of us met up around Centrepoint to look at Aussino again. A new branch there... We ate and just walked around the Aussino, then a few shops. Then came out of Centrepoint, couldnt decide where to go. A suggestion was Fish & Co for the drinks. The nearest one was opp Parkway but I didnt want to go there cos its a dead end. As in, once there, nothing to look, to see, to do. So we headed up towards Orchard. Both of us limping. (Candle sprained her right ankle some time back)

We walked undecidedly on until midway, she suggested walking to the Fish and Co in orchard. That one got alcoholic drinks. We continued limping for half an hour until we arrived. Ordered sides and drinks. They ran out of certain alcohol by then so quite a few items were not available. In the end, we ordered Tequila sunrise, Citrus Fantasy and Lime Magirita. K, I am the drunked one with the two drinks. Who can resist for their low prices still?

Anyway the Lime Magirita quite power though its at $10+. Both my drinks cost about $17, still cheaper than outside 2 drinks. We munched chips and sauteed vegetables. After the two drinks, I must admit, I was feeling very very relaxed. Its good to stay away from strong alcohol, so once a while, can still feel the kick. Not drunk, not exactly high but just more relaxed, wont/cant even think about work when I tried. Good. Mind-numbing. After that we set off for home.

Of course by now, the effects are wearing off, after the long bus ride home. Thankfully my dad is keeping the tv volume low. I am going to sleep soon, after I've sent an email.

No comments: