Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Back to the simplicity of life

For the past couple of days, I find that I finally have the reprieve to do simple things that somewhat for me, defines the simplicity of life.

Things like waking up a bit later and sweeping the floor.
Things like walking next door to buy my lunch and eat infront of the television watching SCV.
Walking without hurry to pay the bills (wallet bleeds from income tax...)
Answering my parents call to bring the trolley down and help carry up their stuff from their return from msia.

And sleeping whenever I feel tired, without the alarm clock. Am surprised at the fatique level. Would wake up still close to my normal time, try to go back to sleep then near 4pm, falling asleep until 6pm.

Simple things that I wont have the time to do once work begins again.

Always in a hurry to go places, do things. No time to enjoy the same simple tasks which were seen as mundane, time-wasting, takes effort or even if one wanted to do it, no mental or physical energy to do it. Guess that somewhat defines what is meant by working life and being a bum.

No comments: