Friday, June 06, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Merry also,cuss about work

Yar that somewhat defines what happened today.

After my session with the sinseh for my wrist, plus update about Chinese astrology plus palm reading... I met up with Tab in Orchard for dinner then jap class.

Took a cab and got into a massive jam as there was a severe accident that resulted in the closure of 3 lanes. My heart had a massive accident from seeing the metre jump and jump... Anyway it was much much more expensive than it could have. Trust some idiots to drive fast fast on a rainy day.

On the way there, was discussing with Tab about how a friend of hers had to literally pay the weight in gold for 2 blobs of flesh. Yep its worth its weight in gold. Even from long ago, man has paid a premium for these 2 blobs of flesh. A target of envy amongst women. Its only up until then, then I finally learnt the value of those blobs, albeit thru her friend's example.

Then we travelled for Jap. Jap classes for the new intake is starting soon around Aug. There is no more sat slots. All weekday slots. Am intending to try to take Level 5B plus JLPT 4, both on consecutive days. Well just pia thru. Dun want to after finish Level 7 then use another 4 years to get JLPT4,3,2,1 Its insane. I would have to go to the centre for 11 years. OMG!

Later we ended up in Timbre with a slight drizzle. Hence we settled for the counter seats which is good in a way. Drinks are served fast since the bartendar is just right infront. Empty cups are noticed very quickly, and cleared. Then more drinks ordered and filled. The pizza is delicious still. Each of us had like 3 drinks. Way way more than the usual. I had a Fruitty cocktail, a beer and a champange. Tab had a brandy, blended and a champange too.

Guess what gradually became the topic, as the glasses emptied?

Work.

Nah its not that we ran out of topics, before that we were playing DJ Portable 2 on my psp and trying to hit Max Combo and discussing about the game.

Its just easier to talk about work without too much prejudice (envy about bonus, thinks that our line has easy work blah blah all those streotypes) when speaking to a fellow worker. Easier to talk to one who knows the REAL story. Anyway for all the so-called perks? (lower pay than pte anyway, even bonus lower than pte, pay increment lower than pte, working hours could span from morning all the way until end of afternoon session, almost working non-stop, hardly much of a lunch and blah blah blah)

We both agree that for the so-called increment/pay revision/pegging pay/increment/promotion to performance, its just ends up asking for a pound of flesh in return. (Didnt realize up until then that my literature still remained with me. For all I know, it was my worst subject in secondary and I am amazed that I can crap with literature)

Oh well as of mid-June, it would be 12 more months left. I may last all the way to 2009. BUT 2010 is anyone's guess cos according to Chinese Astrology, its the ultra suay year for me. Luck is at its lowest, in the dumps. May get sued. So best solution I think of is be a bum for 1 year (WOOH! If I could, I would. See how things go... Never envisioned myself to aim to be a bum when I first started out)

No comments: