Monday, June 02, 2008

Freedom!!! Dun let it end

As of last Sat 12pm, my 'holidays' officially started (though I had dabaoed all my work home) It will last for 2 weeks. It will be a working holiday, ie there are stuff to be done and I have to do them by hook or by crook during the 2 weeks. The difference is that I dun have to turn up at my workplace.

BUT on sat evening, I met up with my jc friends for dinner. Barely into 5 minutes, I was bombarded with questions about my work.

"Heard u got pay revision, so good"

"Have your holidays started?"

"How much time for your bond?"

"Civil so good, got extra $$ for inflation"


ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was bombarded with questions about the last subject I want to hear about... My holiday had just started for 4 hours then. But as I understood that that friend was considering a jump to educator, I told him that I would allow 5 more mins of questioning b4 I would refuse to answer anymore.

That aside, later true to their words they didnt ask me anymore about my work. BUT that same friend was now complaining about HIS work, the issues, diff clients, can of worms he uncovered... He was rambling almost non-stop over dinner. Then as we walked to a hidden ice-cream place too and later over the journey by car (one of them got a Nissan Latio)to the Macs. OMG!!! He needed to get a life or find an outlet for his unhappiness or pent-up energy from his work.

Later he got the hint (my bored facial expression, blank look and even saying out that we are not here to talk about work) and he tried very hard to keep from talking about work. Anyway it was a long discussion about marriage and looking for spouses, bf/gf. Guess we're all at that stage in life.

And again, despite my pay revision, I am still the lowest paid amongst them. Some in the 3.7k region, others in the 4.5-5k region... Oh well, I try to save more.

BTW, the spicy Mc Nuggets are very tasty!

No comments: