Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Best way to drive away Monday blues...

It was kinda spontaneous Monday.

Dad eventually didnt head to Malaysia, and I didnt head swimming cos I was too hungry. Will go on wednesday. I was looking at shares, online and ate lunch. Then headed out for driving. Finally realized why Feb is so full, almost 0 slots, cos the older batch of learners who are trying to pass with parking with poles. So they are trying to clear. Learners like me who just learnt lane change today, is up for the parking with no poles. And all along, I was thinking that these kiasu people want to drive their new cars on Chinese New Year's Day >_<"

Then called and checked if Tab was free. Cos I was sick of going to ION and even Marina square area, I suggested Junction 8. It was just 12 stops from the Bukit Gombak MRT, which is the North-East Line. And I was learning at the Bukit Batok Driving School, at Bukit Gombak. So sat the rather short half hr ride there. I dressed in my usual except I wore jeans instead of 3/4 and suddenly I tio 2 times survey and donation thingy mere minutes after stepping out of the MRT... So its the jeans that makes the person?

Met up with Tab and FH, and ate at a HK cafe. The fried rice is good, the tempura brinja and fried wanton also very good. FH left after dinner, sick and jap lesson. Me and Tab walked around. As it was still early, around 8.30am, walked back to her place.

I asked her if she got ice at home. She had. So I just bought a can of longan from the provision shop cos no lychee and opened that. Made Longan Martini for both of us while watching cable tv. Tab's parents came back and were surprised to see me but soon offered the CNY snacks they had brought back from Potian. Tab and I chatted and drank, then I made more. Martini, poured not shaken. After 4 martinis each, we still didnt feel the effect of the vodka. Finally after the last glass, 5th cos finished longans by then, felt some of the effects. I left just before 10pm. Was feeling comfortable on the bus, tempted to doze but listened to radio to the Muttons for laughs. I made it back home safely by 11pm.

It really felt like those fri/sat drinking parties except that it was in Reality, a Monday evening.

Now since tomorrow I am heading in to do flexible work, see if Tab had a hangover. Then would see her hiding out at office too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, the jeans that makes the man/woman, hmmm perhaps i should wear my trusty 2/3 pants to deter any donation-wannabes.

1390