Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cheaper stuff in Msia Pharmancy

Today went to JB specifically Pelangi cos my dad wanted to settle his stocks, right issue. Malaysian rights issue is not as easy as Singapore ones, cos if u reside in Singapore, they wont send the forms to you. You got to print ur own, buy a Revenue stamp, use bank draft and then courier to reach KL before the rights payment deadline. So since it's his first time taking on a rights-issue, quite kanchong.

Me? I sold mine off promptly once I realised that there is a Rights-issue for 2 reasons. One, though I have the amount in my share account, I didnt want to pay for the Rights-issue, rather invest it elsewhere. Secondly, the procedure quite different from singapore one, so rather just save myself the trouble of all the above and just sell off, with some gains and then after the Rights are completed, see if prices are worthwhile to buy-back. That's what I personally feel about it.

So around 10am, I tagged along (cos am the only one of my siblings not working and around at home...) I bought a bunch of paper and glue for my newspaper cutting project, also went to the Guardian over there and bought Muscle cream, facial moisturizer and also a chest rub for RM$38. The interesting thing is that they are actually priced the same as Singapore but in RM. Eg muscle cream cost SGD$7.90 in sg and cost RM$7.90 in msia. SO its more than 50% cheaper given the exchange is still near $2.40. How do I know this? I bought a Garnier brand facial moisturiser for SGD$19.90 and saw the exact same one selling for RM$19.90. I should really buy my stuff more in malaysian pharmancy. Then bought about 8 dvds of movies. Didnt have the luxury of slowly choosing cos Dad wanted to rush home to watch the Budget.

But I spent about RM$108. Didnt draw from my bank account, had about RM$60 leftover and borrowed RM$50 from dad. All those Jusco shopping has severely drawn down my ringgit amount in my atm account. I am still deciding how much to withdraw from my shares account to top-up but if top up too much, later spent it away also not productive cos usually draw out for consumption. Still thinking about it.

Then actually was quite tired by the time we reached home. I was going to inform Candle to cancel meeting her cos I was curious about the Gmask but she initially had movie with friend. So IF I travel all the way downtown just to meet for short while, I rather stay at home. But it turned out her movie was post-poned, so she asked if still meeting, so I agreed. BUT cos I felt so tired, decided to take a nap to recharge. The plan was to sleep from 3-4pm then travel down to meet at 5pm. I had such a deep sleep, I woke up and it was almost 5pm. Argh, called to say overslept, changed and arrived around 6pm plus.

Followed each other to walk around buying stuff from Daiso, Gmask, Marks & Spencer (where I again bought ALOT of food!!! 3 boxes extremely chocolatey biscuit, 3 bags of butterscotch mint, 2 ginger snaps and even 1 box of caramel waffers... Man I better ration them out, otherwise there goes my diet.) even GNC.

Ate a rather healthy-looking meal of Carjun fish at LJS, the rice is filling and with the extra coleslaw, its very filling. Then we headed to Suntec around 8.30pm for Candle to get her watch. I got my Oolong tea with water. Had not drunk any tea for the past week, mainly and mostly plain water. My palate is getting tempted to drink others (eg sugared drinks) so I quickly get some unsugared tea to appease the itchy mouth. I am still trying to count calories for Sunday's heavy meal at Ikea. So have to try to go lower calories this week. BUT of course eating brunch in Pelangi meant I ate a Pasta set from Secret Recipe. No cakes, just a chicken pasta, with lemon tea, with some tapioca chips and a pumpkin soup.

Tomorrow go swimming then driving. Rest is open to spontaneous decisions.

No comments: