Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CNY 2nd day and 3rd day

From my previous post, I left off by saying that I wanted to sleep... Which I think I didnt. I did laze around a bit and the weather cleared. So I asked Geoky whether she wanted to head out and we go exploring 'dead-town'. She agreed and we changed. There were some choices, Jurong Point (been before), IMM (been before), VivoCity (alot of people going for IR), Orchard (been before), and CityHall. In the end we headed to Cityhall cos shun bian go get a watch for Yingel, provided the shops are open.

We headed down by public transport. In the train, there are many many chinese. Alot of them are headed downtown too. Guess its rather boring staying indoors for too many days. We went to Rafflescity, many shops are closed. We walked a short round, then headed to City Link. The watch shop was open but many many people. We did bio a few watches that are suitable in another shop that was closed unfortunately. Then we walked to Suntec. Along the way, more than half the shops were closed. Those open are mainly fast food, starbucks, some restaurants. And you can see those that open, enjoyed brisk business.

It was a similar story at Suntec and we walked the link to Millenia walk. Along the way, looked around, lesser crowd. Then we walked the bridge to Marina which was again, mainly closed and stuff. Then headed to Esplanade to catch a bus home. Then there was quite a crowd and we saw a Carnival. Its that 春到河畔 thingy. I showed Geoky the roof-top view and we looked at the IR for a short while. Then we walked towards the Carnival and the rest of the displays.

We looked at the rides, the new one that we had never sat before was the Sky Walker thingy (pic in facebook). Its the UK carnival thingy. She asked me whether I wanted to try cos she is keen on that. Knowing myself, and the fact that I had decidedly turned 'chicken' and retired from such rides, I offered to carry all her bags and valuable and take a pic of her. So we headed to get her tokens for that one ride. The vortex is very high and we had tried it before at the Escape Themepark several years before I 'retired' so I am NOT going to pay $15 to scream my head off.

So I was fiddling with my phone and her phone to take pics of her before the ride started. Then I got the video working just in time for the ride to start. Had timed the ride earlier, its about 3mins long and sitting on the outermost are the most scary. Geoky did sit at the outermost seats. Oh well.

So when the ride started, I started the video. At first its not so fast nor scary. The 'fun' part started when the ride started tilting and the swings go around very fast and swing up and down. I was looking out for her and saw that she had closed her eyes. In the earlier ride, she was 'laughing' at one guy who obviously was covering his eyes during the ride. She thought that it wasnt scary at all. Guess what, she did the same.

After the ride ended, I ended the video for her. She came down, she said her legs a bit jelly. She said that she closed her eyes cos it felt as though they were swinging and will hit the nearby tree or walls and it swung so fast that the on-lookers were a blur. Well I told her "新年大难不死" good year desu. LOL

We headed to look for the rest of the stalls and lantern displays. The food stalls were crowded and I took a brief look but needed to buy the coupons to use. Dunno where they get the coupons, so we walked to the lanterns. The impressive displays were the Dragon made of sugar and the Dragon & Phoneix made of spoons, bowls and plates. Didnt feel like juggling with the rest to take pics, so just take a quick look and then we went back to Esplanade to use toilet, and take a bus home. I was eating the sweet corn in a cup happily. It cost $2 but its one of those things you eat, that reminds you about the 'Carnival' feeling. Cos when we were younger, my dad does bring us to those carnivals that set up in the neighbourhood (and its getting rarer these days) and the food they sell are mainly candy floss and cup corn.

We headed home, along the way, watching Geoky's video of the "Longest 3mins of her life". We reached home around 7 plus and ate dinner at home. Something different besides watching tv for the new year.

Then I found this Chinese song that I really liked. I got the lyrics, mp3 and tried to 'figure out' the chords, melody and have to work out the strumming cos that is one part of my guitar evaluation. The other is to memorise 5 songs learnt and play it out of memory without looking at the songsheet... I have poor memory... Signz.

So I was figuring out that chinese song chords, which I found I really am not good in it. The melody is easier to figure out... Did that until 1am plus.

The song, 画心, I dunno why but I like this type of song, that is ancient type cheena song than the modern songs.


________________________________________________

3rd day

I continued figuring out the melody of the chorus. Now left with chords, strumming and also the Introd, interlude which are instrumental.... Doesnt seem easy. Have to work on it, but at least I like the song and have feeling for the song. Will try to apply whatever I have 'supposedly' learnt to figure out this song.

Also practiced 1 of the 5 songs and I surprised myself by being able to remember half the song. The chords takes me a while more to memorise. Its good to finally have the 'inspiration' to play the guitar. I have not had it for quite a while since I had changed instructor... not that he is not skilled but really I dont understand nor grasp certain concepts well nor do I know how to apply, and also no mood to practice. This meant the thick skin on my left hand fingers got thinned out. So though I wanted to practice more today, my fingers hurt so have to take a break. Hope to keep it up.

Today didnt know where to go explore. Wanted to jio Geoky to Jurong Point. I quite like Old Town Coffee, the other time we went. Their Ice blended White coffee very thick and nice. In the end, we dragged and dragged until my dad unexpectedly came back from malaysia. Then I ended up falling asleep until evening again... waited and waited, nothing, so sleep lor. Woke up, already near 7.30, so ate dinner and went to Ginza around 8pm. More shops open but still alot closed. We ended up buying drinks cos I am having very bad heatiness, then I bought coffee to drink also.

Now nothing much else to do, maybe I go pick up guitar again. Tomorrow I am unable to get driving slot but I booked simulator. So tomorrow is go swimming first, then later go driving simulator.

Due to the long weekend, I hope to hear from the Jap school and get signed on the offer. Actually for me, I dont mind it, in fact its good so far. Near to home, working hours okay, not as early as waking at 5.30am for morning session. Even the pay is within my range. Its a slight pay-drop BUT its still at the 3k+ range. Though its an entirely new system and stuff, but if I keep an open mind and try, think I can do it. Also the best part is I dont have a BOND to lock me in. Its something of my own choice. And I am somewhat looking for a job that I can stay on longer (maybe its a growing old thingy) and maybe work towards heading to japan. So for now, can only cross fingers and hope everything goes smoothly and after that, then make plans. Cos now, nothing is set in concrete, dont want to get expectations too high, later cancel on me like that tuition centre. So no point counting chickens before they hatch, when things are more settled then we talk.

For now, I just wanna try to 'enjoy' the present. Which is something I have to keep reminding myself to do, cos sometimes my mind wanders back to the problems and anxieties... Have to keep telling myself to live now and not let worries ruin the 'now' part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

here is a fun webby, all drawn by a guy with a weird sense of humour, but i am laughing hard at some =D
1390