Monday, February 15, 2010

CNY, done and not done

Eve, on friday, I started tidying up the last few remaining stacks of things left from work, plus all my discs accumulated to epic proportions. I sat down and started chucking stuff.

Took out the discs and the paper covers from the disc box. Then put disc in disc storage, put paper in bag for paper recycling and finally empty disc box in another bag for plastic recycling. Did that for my entire PS1 games, movie collection. Couldnt finish by 1am, then slept and continued next day on Saturday.

Finally finished that and cleaned up the room. It has become so spacious and the floor is entirely clear of stuff. Also changed the bedsheets and tidied up clothes. Outside table also tidy a bit. Still a bit messy but better than before. More organized a bit, I can find my stuff easier.

Then me and Geoky helped out a bit with the CNY dinner preparations. Think as age progress, mom being 60 this year, energy is not there, better to help out and also learn how to make some of the CNY food that we always eat. Then around 6pm, we had a reunion dinner. The typical dish that we always eat is the home-made 肉卷 and Grandma's style 猪肚汤 which my mom adapted to make it 排骨汤. I did ask her later about the recipe. Hope to find my book of mom's recipe and write it down. I havent been writing down recipes for ages.

After dinner, my sisters and I were feeling sleepy. How to do 守岁 so I made a cup of coffee. Then we were playing Mahjong but we werent very clear of the rules, but just play some otherwise the mahjong set, nobody christen it. I kept winning though but we didnt play all those fan and money.

Eventually after the 12am countdown, I slept near 3.45am, kept awake by reading storybooks borrowed.
___________________________________________________

Sunday, 1st day itself, woke up late obviously. But as not supposed to go out cos of dunno why 'bad luck' plus dont really have friends and relatives to visit, so stay at home. I was reading more storybooks and then fell asleep in the afternoon until evening. Bathed, and wore my new earrings. Didnt buy new year clothings, dont really practice that (at least for me), but I did get new earrings.

Aces earring


Mizumi (mouse)


The mizumi earrings being the one that started it all. Quetzal and I were walking around Marina area and headed to those capsule shop. I saw this box that housed alot of cute earrings. What caught my attention was the Mizumi. They were really cute and it cost $4 per pair, cheap and reasonable. Since my youngest sister is born in the year of the Rat, very apt.

I tried to get a pig one for my other sister but the pig didnt look nice. So I got a pair of Kani



I wanted to get something for my mom but thinking that she is older and dunno if she would like, so in the end didnt. I also didnt get for myself cos too cute for me liao. Gave my presents to them in advance, dont think I wanna hold until actual birthday.

Then guess what, my mom saw the Mizumi earrings and thought it was very very cute and she asked me where I got it from. I told her and offered to buy on her behalf since I often pass by Marina. She wanted to buy 4, 1 mizumi, 1 dog, 1 cow for her friends and god-daughters, and one for herself, a tiger. I reminded her that they dont sell Zodiac signs, its just some animals and plants and cute stuff.

On friday early afternoon, I was free and I decided to head out to run errands at one go. I picked up Tab's book, bought Toto and headed down to Marina to buy the earrings. Managed to get the mouse, dog and cow. Didnt really like the cow so didnt take photo. And since no tiger, bought the mouse and cat combination cos dont have a pair of cats.

Cat and Mouse (mom)


Doggy


I quite like the cute designs. In a pair, usually both earrings are slightly different from each other, eg one male, one female, one hold one msg, other holds something else, different colour. So its very creative and cute.

When I put on the aces earring, my sister said, not that suitable cos my hairstyle is more J-rockish, so a more fitting one is those long dangling chain but for me, its okay. Its not tooo cute until I cant carry off. Also its a change from the steel ones I wear though I am not that used to the dangling feeling on my mimi.
_____________________________________________________

2nd day, Monday, I woke up late again cos last night I was reading storybook until quite late. Got up and cooked pasta around 12 plus. Got the ingredients ready. Mom wanted to cook 炒米粉 so I let her finish then cook the pasta. The most time-consuming is actually boiling the pasta. This time is the flat long pasta and it takes quite a while of boiling for the pasta to separate. Then cooked a pot of sauce, usual of carrots, minced meat, onion. Ate both the mi fen and pasta. Those can last for tea, dinner and more.

Wanted to head out but while I was cooking, it started raining!!!! Argh... nothing much to do except go blog, facebook, and watch tv... Man I feel like curling up to sleep again...

No comments: