Monday, February 01, 2010

Jan 2010 expenses and income

I did mention that I was actively monitoring my expenses and spending using the $20-$25 daily limit. Also excluding 2 expense items separately, namely Driving and Guitar.

After 31 days of recording, usually 5mins at the end of the day, I have gotten the amount. At this point, I havent done analysis to it, except total the figures.

Total about => $592.52
Driving => $300
Guitar 2mths => $240

Total about $1132.52

Given my original budget figures was $750 expenses, $120 guitar and $200 driving for a grand total of $1070.

The fact that I had pre-paid for the guitar (cos they collect for next month) and topped up driving (still have balance of $150 in system for booking) meant that I have successfully kept to my budget.

The amount I spend is not a lot cos I am not working daily and if I can, eat meals at home. So for those without the option but cos u are working, can afford a higher budget.

What is inside my $592.58 amount?

Ezy link top-up $70
Hp $31
Cable tv and internet (after sharing out) $45.50
Cab ride $50
Interview shoes $74
Toto $10

Grocery of 2 x lychee, 2 x miller beer, 1 x Margarita mixer etc

With meals eaten out quite often but at cheaper alternatives, still there is Soupspoon, ramen, ice cream, green tea latte, Old town coffee.

So its not so much of NOT eating out but changing to cheaper alternatives, example coffee shop, food court or just other alternatives. Of course the option of being able to eat at home makes up for the reduced meals eaten outside. Even if that is not possible, eating out at coffee shop, food courts and hawker is cheaper.

My income for flexible work so far is $1k. It more or less off-sets this month's expenditure.

As for my shares, for 2010 so far, I have sold off most of my Singapore shares for cash and made slightly more than 2 months of my previous nett pay. I dont intend to use that to top up my living expense account. I will re-channel them to look for more opportunities to buy. It would mean monitoring the market more consistently and alot of decision making again.

So although my NETT picture for income and expenses is positive for 2 months, I still have to think about looking for work, getting income flows. Also there are many more years to live out... so yes I have more important things on my mind minding my own affairs than to be too overly concern about other's affairs.

Think I will go swimming on Wed instead. Today is too hungry.

No comments: