Thursday, April 08, 2010

2nd gym workout this week

Today at least I ended earlier. There's a ceremony at Jap assocation. So I had to attend it for first part of it, 20mins. Took a cab with collegues from workplace. Then after the ceremony which involves speech from various vips, cant really catch much of the content cos of the depth of vocab used. But got a lift home with a local collegue, reached home b4 2pm. Hungry though I had lunch, cooked magee mee with egg white, watched Naruto and dozed off. Then woke up at 7pm plus, really overslept to head to gym for 2nd time this week. After workout, dabao a Chinese rojak and ate some rice with veg together at home.

I met the other part-time staff yesterday. Her hourly rate is almost twice of mine cos she told me she negotiated a shorter time for her part time (Something I have to learn) But I kept the perspective that eg my sisters leave home earlier than me, work about the same hours, come home later than me, earn a few hundred dollars lesser than me. Okay with that it helps to keep a balanced perspective. Also comparing here and there also doesnt get one anywhere. I still think it matters how much nett amount is left after all the expenses and also whether I can generate returns from it.

Anyway am I all out to get the money?

Partly hence the need for a full-time instead of a part-time. Also even if tuition is lucrative in terms of hourly pay but in terms of total pay at the end of the month, it really depends on the number of students you have and the time spent travelling to and fro are not in, your prep time for the lesson/resource/qns. And the lack of cpf. Yup this year, since I be getting cpf, I intend to invest my cpf. Currently almost used up the entire amount allocated for stocks. Only amt above 20k is allowed to be invested and of this amt, only about 30% is allowed for stocks. Hence need to build up more cpf.

Also I dont mind a change in environment and a change in pace. I find I have been rather slack, but its a bit boring wayanging. I think by the end of the year, I might get better at it. Actually dunno why also do I have to turn up when almost everything doesnt involve me and this is my only grouse at this point. The contract didnt have to show up this week. Good for me that I get into the rhythm of the work, the routine of ironing my clothes before I sleep, waking up promptly once I hear the alarm, eat breakfast drink coffee, get ready. Head out, walk in, change shoes and settle personal stuff in locker then head into the staffroom. Definitely have more rhythm after these few days of practice.

Looking at the itenary for tomorrow, I am not sure if I needed to head in, maybe later a bit or try to come back a bit earlier if possible. Maybe the latter. I think there are search for activities that I need to do, but not one that can occupy me for the whole day.

At least this is the calm before terms starts next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Think this Sat might go gym cos no guitar. Free up Sunday for slacking around.

No comments: