Monday, April 12, 2010

JB CitySquare

On Sat, Quet and me headed to Citysquare JB. I waited at the Causeway Point. Coincidentally, I was interested to buy a memory neck pillow cos my sisters slept on a very good one, my mom bought from Sea Horse brand. That pillow is SOOOO magical that when I lie on it, I would fall asleep very quickly and land in a deep sleep. So much so that everytime I try to wake, I end up turning over and snoozing more. So was looking out for an offer. So when I arrived, I saw that there's a Sea Horse brand outlet. Happily went in and bought a memory pillow (up $79) with a protector for $28.20. The pillow cost $23.70. I tried it, its not that magical in making me sleep cos its a different model but it has good neck support. Once I fell asleep, I slept rather well. The only prob is falling asleep sooner.

Then to kill time, I headed to the arcade and saw a Guitar Hero. So played happily 2 tries. Got Quet her brunch from Old Chang Kee and then headed to toilet. She came and picked me up successfully. Then we followed the I-phone GPS to try to reach the Woodland checkpoint but couldnt turn right at a vital junction plus got a traffic police there, ended up having to turn up onto the BKE and head there. Luckily without too much misadventure.

At the Malaysia checkpoint, I had to get down to get a white card for Quet and secondly to locate a Touch & Go counter to buy one. Its really my first time getting down at the new Iskandar checkpoint. For the white card, have to go to any immigration counter to get but it meant having to gesture for the car that is driving into the counter to stop, quickly get, then cross back. Then after that saw a counter that has a Touch & Go sign and got down again, to purchase the card. Luckily the car that was at the counter, was kinda not-moving cos I saw the car filling in the white card at the counter. Phew, risk life and limb to get those. Hence a bit jam-my.

Reached Citysquare with much less adventure than Jusco Tebrau. Even though turn a bit wrongly but was able to detour back very quickly and easily. WE arrived around 4 plus. I withdrew money from the atm in my bank that was located in Citysquare itself and then we headed to eat first. Malacca chicken. Its nice, though I find that either I am eating Secret recipe, or Vivo or Malacca chicken whenever I go to JB...

After our stomachs were satisated, we headed to the top floor and the plan was to walk down cos the first floor are all the branded stuff and hence more pricey. I bought 2 new waterbottles, 1 litre and 750ml spare. Just in case, I lose my bottle again... Its rather cheap, about $20 ringgit for both at Popular. Then we walked into those gift shops and looked around. Many designer clocks, lamps, frames etc.

When we went one floor down to the 3rd floor, and walked into Inner City, aka pirate heaven, bought dvds. Now Quet herself knows why there is big damage whenever I head into one. This time, spent lesser cos they dont have the anime I wanted. Then bought a Share Investors Malaysia edition to check out the results of my Malaysian counters. Also see if can kiv anything else.


We took quite a while to make it out of the 3rd floor. An innocent request to go to the toilet and saw a music shop and headed in, yielded me a Ukelele with a book on 'How to play the Ukelele'. Its a budget type but low price enough. It cost RM$78 and the book cost $22. So that's RM$110. (I actually reached home around 11pm plus and tried to figure out a bit with the help of the book for a couple of hours. Then the next day I tried to tune the ukelele using hearing and took a long while to figure out this tuning method using hearing which my guitar instructor is preaching. Then spent a bit more time working out the songs and notes. Can play about 3 songs from the book and using guitar playing techniques helps. I should practice even more for Guitar and try to apply this insight into tuning and also the individual notes on each fret and commit to memory. I can somewhat do for the ukelele but failed previously to do for the guitar.)

Then 2nd floor, there's another level of Inner City and Thai Odessey is there too. I've passed by many times in CitySquare cos my dad dont do massage. We booked a slot and happily walked around. Then after 20mins, had a Thai massage for $78. Though I wanted to do a neck and shoulder but the lady is quite good and after she pressed, then I discover that certain parts of my legs were actually sore. Hmm so a full body once in a while is good. Btw her no is 124 and Quet's one is 130, she also liked her massage so kiv these numbers.

After the massage, we were actually mostly broke and had already "show hand" before even heading into Watson... So I drew more ringgit but not enough cos I overbought, so I used the atm directly instead once I found out that they accept. Though they call atm - a debit instead of just atm. Learn something new. In Malaysia, atm = debit card? or at least they call it a debit. After that we even more officially "show-hand"

Headed home after that. Next time got chance should go in to eat zhi char dinner. Though I dont really know where exactly my dad dabao that delicious Pi Pa Duck, Mutton Murtabak and Sweet and Sour Deep Fried Whole Fish. Those were eaten very very long ago and the taste remains in memory.
__________________________________

Sunday I spent the time fiddling with the ukelele. I should name it Aoi still cos of the colour. Then hid at home, slept, later in the evening, headed to gym for the 3rd time this week. Though cos I overslept, only had enough time to do 1hr workout cos the gym was closing in an hour.
__________________________________

Today had a rather eye-opening about school ceremony, the more formal one is tomorrow. Some interesting practices about school buses too... Though that I would have to do. Reached home rather stoned and headed out to the gym. Today still very very crowded but during free weights felt a bit weak. Dunno is it that muscles feel a bit weak cos of Sunday's workout. But no physical pain in muscles hence went to gym. Also I think tomorrow there is guitar makeup. Then Jap on Wed, Guitar on Sat. Left with again, Monday, Thursday and Sunday, unless I try to go on Sat to allow rest between Mon and Sun. Need to bath now. Very stoned.

No comments: