Wednesday, April 07, 2010

3rd day

Today another day where I am relatively free. I did try to search for more stuff online.

After lunch, the pace got even slower. So far my collegues have been rather nice and asking me to eat lunch with them. Today I went to a Kyushu jap restaurant nearby. We walked about 5-10mins to a place I am aware of but hardly ever visit. Cos more accessible if you either live nearby or take a car. I ordered their Katsu don and the pork is very thick indeed. Generous serving and couldnt finish the rice despite my growling stomach earlier. Not too expensive, after service charge and gst, I paid $10.70 A different departure from eating hawker food in hawker centre. This is in an air condition restaurant. Again I get a chance to use my broken Jap as some sort of conversation.

Then met up with the other lady around 4pm, who is local and would be working with me. She's an ex-educator too, same age but married with kids. Surprisingly its very easy to talk and that made time pass a bit faster. After work, headed home, drop stuff, changed and head out for Jap lesson.

Tried the Angry Whopper. For those who dont know the signficance. Its part of the April's fool prank with Ris Low as a guest DJ at 98.7 Shan and Rozz show for a week prior. Then Rozz didnt get on with Ris and supposedly walked out of the studio on the day before April Fool. Then many listeners were very concerned that Rozz might quit the show. She didnt answer any calls or sms. Then on April Fool, she revealed that it was a prank. During the duration of a week, MANY were irriated with Ris cos of the things she said and the way she 'acted' (they thought it was genuine) and then Burger King launched this Angry Whopper with 3 levels of spiciness, Irritated, Frustrated and Infuriated.

I ordered a Irritated Whopper Meal and was surprised to find it quite spicy. I had stopped eating spicy food for quite a few years and obviously my tolerance has fallen quite a bit. I did ask for ketchup sauce to the amusement of the cashier, to go with the meal. Usually I would finish the Whopper and still feel hungry. I managed to eat most of it, left 1/4 buns. Ate a few fries and drank my Coke lite. All to help manage calories.

After jap class, Tab and I headed to town to just sit a bit before we had to go home. Both of us working, though she still wakes up earlier than I do. I still need to wake early and I still sleep late... Ended up with more 0 calorie drink, Diet Snapple before class and Coke Zero after class. I think my taste buds are rebelling a bit cos really didnt feel like drinking plain water. Dont mind sugarless tea but they dont really have it.

Tomorrow another early day. Small consolation that I should be able to end earlier cos of ceremony though I have to attend. Still havent ironed my outfit yet. Formal. Think come home, rest a bit then go straight to gym, 2nd time for this week. Then Sat once more cos guitar got postponed to Tue. Then Sunday can rest and get ready for start of term.

No comments: