Monday, June 25, 2012

Back to the "Hard Work" of dieting & Misc

On Sat evening, began the 'Real Work' to first workout and next try to build a deficit to cancel off the excesses of this month. I was actually on track to having an overall negative, almost brought it down to 0% when the severe over-calories from just Friday and Saturday bumped it up to near 80%!!! Urgh its like back to the grind again.

Did my 2 workouts on Sat and Sun late evenings, cos keep delaying until cannot delay anymore. The good things about having a workout doable at home are

1) Can do anytime, delay until cows come home also can still workout. Can wait until after dinner and rested.

2) The reduced shortened workout saves a lot of time and helps to minimize the effort of doing the workout. Just a 10-15mins workout has me sweating and feeling accomplished. The powers of doing complex-exercise instead of isolation.

Man, that pink Kettlebell is heavy. 8kg is quite heavy. I can do the one-arm lift but it's taxing on the left arm, cos its my weak arm. But I do the same reps 15 on both sides to have a balanced physique. Think I shall stick to 15 reps max and move to doing 2 sets of 10s and then on 15s.

This week I am not sure about Krav Maga course, mainly because of work. It's the exam this Thur and Fri. Now I am frantically checking the books and returning during the school hours. Then on Wed, have to stay on a bit to help with the printing and folding and bundling. So if I cant leave on time, its tough to try to arrive there on time and the added stress and frustrations from being late and stuff is not going to be helpful. Plus this Thur or Fri, I would have to do a super-later-than-usual OT to clear the marking of the scripts in a sitting.

Now I am thinking about what to eat for that extreme OT day, how to settle the lunch and dinner? And also on Sat, what to do to reward myself for a tough week. Mainly thinking about what to eat.
_________________________

Last night, I squeezed out enough calories to try the Somersby cider. Frankly if you ask me, I think the Brothers ciders are more tasty. I think I would try Somersby over ice like what the sign recommends.

Today is okay so far. Just have to keep up with sleeping more, eating well, trying to do another workout. All before the next weekend comes.
_________________________

My sister was saying "Any diet is a good diet as long as one can keep it up". She mentioned Atkins, which is the predecessor to CaveMan diet. But that taken to extreme, eating steaks, fatty meats are all no-no except for stuff like Boiled chicken breast, Lean grilled meat etc.

Well my reply to her is that it's not the dieting that's hard, provided its not the Anorexic diet. FYI, I am NOT heading there cos there's NO way I can even eat less than 1200 calories daily. I am just trying to keep to below 1740 calories daily. That's the requirement for my current weight.

What's difficult is the underlying lifestyle changes that actually encompass the diet, eg eating 3 meals, choosing lean and lower calories and hence blander stuff sometimes, soupy food. Instead of being able to everything to the heart's content, it becomes more like once a week indulgence. Eating fruits instead of unhealthy chips for snacks. Those kinda stuff.

Really nothing much else happening. Trying not to do any console gaming. Just play my few card-based games on I-phone. Waiting for stock market to move out of the horizontal movement. In the meantime, I gotta work.

I kinda found out that both my sisters now earn higher than me. Cos the income tax came and my other sister had to pay more income tax than I have to... Well the trade-off for my lowered pay is the proximity to workplace, lesser stress and predictable working hours. Hmm... luckily I still had stock and side-line to bump it up last year but this year, I stopped the side-line, purely stocks. So far is 1 month salary gains. Could have been more BUT...

... missed a Golden opportunity cos I listened to my dad and sold too early. One more of the lessons I need to add to " My book of Investment Experience". Nevermind, no use crying over spilt milk. As long as I still haven't lost my capital, can wait for more opportunities. As long as that Euro-zone crisis can finally stabilize but I feel things are not over for now, so that would mean more sitting at the sidelines, waiting and watching.

In the meantime, life goes on...

No comments: