Friday, June 01, 2012

Brothers Cider - assorted flavors

In the last visit to Holland Village, I bought 4 bottles of Craft beer from the brewers of Hobgoblin, Wychcraft brewery and 8 bottles of Brothers Cider, 5 out of the 6 flavors available. And yes, I had 4 bottles of Toffee Apple cider and yes, I am a lazy person to go there regularly to pick up a bottle or two. I just bought the whole bunch so I don't have to go down again anytime soon, unless I've finished them. They have been sitting in the room for almost a month, together with the bunch of snacks at my snack corner. Contrary to popular belief, my snack corner is largely untouched by me, due to counting and balancing my calories. I only eat a little bit, mostly on days I had calories to spare. It's also a reminder that I don't have to buy more cos it's already piling up with 14 packs of snacks n chocolate plus 12 bottles of beverage.

Only started opening up the ciders when work got a bit too tough, plus I made allowances in mg daily calories to allow a drink. The 4% alcohol is useful to help the tensed-up mind relax, especially as a night cap after I fell asleep after dinner only to wake up at midnight wide awake. So it helps to put me to sleep again. So far I've tried the Toffee Apple, Strawberry, Lemon and tonight the Tutti Fruiti. Think they ate all good except for the strawberry one.

Also I dug out this Ocha cup with Sakura design I bought from Daiso many years ago and used it to pour the cider into and drink. Very shiok because firstly the ciders are in 500ml bottles, so there's a lot more than the usual 330ml beers. Then the cup is small enough to be able to have several refills from the bottle to sip or chug, yet large enough a longer drink won't drain the entire cup at a go. A good size I must admit. Very satisfied after a bottle. Plus I drink quite fast so that it's still chilled and can feel the kick from the just 4% alcohol content. Enough to be relaxed and not drunk.

Work's been tough due to the preparation for the coming event. It entailed me being hectic with lessons on Mon, Tue - my heavy days. Then shortened lunch 25mins, the. Go under the hot afternoon sun for 2hrs, the. I immediately had a lesson after that. Then followed straight by form class dismissal and cca. Zombified and drained. That happened twice. And today is 3hrs under the sun then form class, then cca. When work ended, I was so zonked out. Reached home in a daze, waited for dinner, after dinner lights-out. Until I woke up at 12.30am in the morning to reach for a chilled Tutti Fruiti Brothers Cider. Almost finished with it. It's very easy to drink, surprisingly. Something to chill with as I await Friday to come after work hours.

Currently left with 3 bottles of Apple Toffee to being to Tab's place one of these days and 4 bottles of the craft beer. Guess the next few pics would be of beer instead of ciders. The Brothers Ciders are good enough that when I am done with this batch, I would gladly buy some more.

No comments: