Monday, June 04, 2012

My first Salted Egg Yolk Crab!



Kinda of a happening weekend.

Friday, we met up to eat a good dinner at Handburger, utilizing the groupon voucher. Really filling and tasty. Think I am getting sick of food at workplace. Cos I have been rotating among the stalls and after a while, it gets to ya. Then we walked around before heading back.

Sat, I headed to Novena to TTS to redeem a groupon for sporty sunglasses with myopic lense inside. But I had a misadventure trying to locate the Macs to purchase my 3rd Kitty. Walked around and around, until finally 'rescued' by Tab's direction msg. Was so beat then. We ate delicious thick curry chicken with you-tiao. I got the assorted platter from Mr YouTiao and drowned them in the curry. Its been very very long since I had curry chicken (another deprived thing I do)

Then Quetzal came over and she continued eating while I made my way to redeem the groupon. Had to top up another $45 for the myopic lens, so that would cost $100 in total. But given I am going to be under intense sunlight for 2 days this week, I think it will pay for itself just through that. After I was done, we headed over to Tab's place to chill a bit. My load of 3 bottles of Toffee Apple Cider and 2 snacks were heavy. On top of my waterbottle of pu-er tea. Chilled the bottles in the fridge and we entertained ourselves with the TV. Not much to watch though and both Tab and Quetzal fell asleep, leaving me awake, looking at DF and his brother and switching and stoning infront of the TV. They did offer to let me play Diablo 3 a few times but I always decline. I better not get started.

After about 3hrs, both woke up and we headed out to dinner. Ordered satay at first. Then got Zi Char. We ordered Fish maw soup, sambal kang kong, hotplate tofu and my first Salted Egg Yolk Crab. I've never had much chance to eat crabs at all. So the occassional ones from decadent buffet with friends, involves chilli crab. Never SEYC. Its really decadent. But I've come to realize that crabs are really troublesome things to eat, delicious nonetheless.

We headed back, super full after dinner and started playing Monopoly on I-pad. I was kena ganged-up upon, breaking my chances of even winning. Bleah... Later near 11.30pm, I had to rush home. Took the circle line to Haw Par Villa station and still managed to catch a bus to my area. So didnt have to pay midnight surcharge.

Slept until late. Today I headed out to get my groupon Battery pack. Got a msg that my sunglasses are ready, but when I reached there, it's not even open... So maybe try again tomorrow. Deja-vu though. Yesterday and today and even tomorrow. Bleah... I did download a bunch of games on the I-phone and also bought the Old traditional Monopoly game for my i-phone. Happily sat in the bus journey and bankrupt the AI players. Did lose some though, sometimes really its the luck of the throw.

Went out quite late, came back it's already 8pm. Did some newspaper cutting and stuff and online a bit and its already 1.20am... This weekend flew past too quickly.

No comments: